Home Forums General Discussion Checking in after a long time…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    zacdesai
    Participant

Hey friends! 😀

It’s been a long time, 10 years to be precise, since I first started AP therapy. As most of you are well aware, you have to be in for the long haul, but I’m delighted to say that for me it’s been a tremendous success story. It takes a holistic approach to getting these autoimmune conditions under control, and besides the AB’s, I’ve used natural anti inflammatory supplements like Salmon Oil and Turmeric, started Yoga to get my muscles back in shape, and pay close attention to my diet.

So stay positive and keep at it…from a personal point of view, though I’ve come across plenty of sceptics, with the help of Almighty, this therapy has been a lifesaver.

I actually checked back in here, to find some pointers on childhood uses for AB therapy.

I have a 5 yr old daughter who has minor persistent dry skin / rashes appearing above her eyelids. It could be nothing serious, but my mind keeps racing and wondering if it will turn out into some autoimmune skin condition. I am yet to take her to a dermatologist as I’ve grown sceptical of mainstream professionals and their steroidal treatment modals.

Has anyone successfully used low dose abx for skin conditions? And what about uses in children?

Thanks for all your great support work.
    Zak

Spiffy

I love to read stories like this! Thanks for posting! For your daughter, I recommend an integrative doctor and allergy testing to see what her body is allergic to. Do not wait!

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Suzanne
    Participant

I agree that allergy testing is good idea. My oldest had eczema until we eliminated dairy (she has never tested allergic to dairy, either, but she is so much better off it, the allergist said don’t look a gift horse in the mouth).

I would also have a doctor take a look since it is near her eyes and persistent. What if it is a treatable infection? She may just need an antibiotic cream.

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

zacdesai
    Participant

🙄

Thank you Suzanne, and Spiffy! Allergies is not something I gave much thought to, but it seems plausible now. I will definitely explore this route further.

God bless.
    Zak

lajc
    Participant

I concur with the allergy testing. My oldest daughter had eczema as a child also. The culprit was dairy!

A Friend
    Participant

@zacdesai wrote:

Hey friends! 😀

It’s been a long time, 10 years to be precise, since I first started AP therapy. As most of you are well aware, you have to be in for the long haul, but I’m delighted to say that for me it’s been a tremendous success story. It takes a holistic approach to getting these autoimmune conditions under control, and besides the AB’s, I’ve used natural anti inflammatory supplements like Salmon Oil and Turmeric, started Yoga to get my muscles back in shape, and pay close attention to my diet.

So stay positive and keep at it…from a personal point of view, though I’ve come across plenty of sceptics, with the help of Almighty, this therapy has been a lifesaver.

I actually checked back in here, to find some pointers on childhood uses for AB therapy.

I have a 5 yr old daughter who has minor persistent dry skin / rashes appearing above her eyelids. It could be nothing serious, but my mind keeps racing and wondering if it will turn out into some autoimmune skin condition. I am yet to take her to a dermatologist as I’ve grown sceptical of mainstream professionals and their steroidal treatment modals.

Has anyone successfully used low dose abx for skin conditions? And what about uses in children?

Thanks for all your great support work.
    Zak

Zak,

So glad you have done so well. My post here is to share some suggestions that have had a profound effect on so many adults and children with chronic conditions, who are prone to develop yeast/fungal overgrowth.

I did a Yahoo search before I began this post to you, using the words: “blepharitis connection to yeast overgrowth.”
    This is only one of the many links found doing this search:
    http://www.patient.co.uk/forums/discuss/how-i-cured-my-blepharitis-within-3-weeks-185975

The results of the search were impressive enough that I encourage you to do this same search using the Yahoo search engine (I consistently seem to get better search results using this engine). I also encourage you to get/read a copy of “Chronic Fatigue and the Yeast Connection” by Dr. William Crook (pediatric physician & allergist, and author of about 12-14 books on this subject). You can probably get a used copy of this book from Amazon — this book became a favorite of mine for its simple suggestions that began helping with the problems almost immediately.

It is possible that your child is susceptible to yeast/fungal overgrowth, and that her present symptoms are related to that. Dr. William Crook, pediatric allergist, was concerned in his own practice with his babies and children that he could not get well… and he spent much time and research getting to the root of their problems. His life’s work would go on to benefit not only his babies/children patients, but grownups around the globe. He founded the International Health Foundation, and wrote something like 12 to 14 books. I was a beneficiary of his work, when a lady who had put in a health store where I had moved gave me a copy of his book to read, “Chronic Fatigue and the Yeast Connection”. After reading it, and beginning some of the simple steps he recommended, my body began feeling better, and I began detoxing some of the “stealth” yeast organisms that had taken up residence.

Your daughter just may also be predisposed to this, as you may have been, and probably triggering your own illness. Blepharitis has been associated with systemic yeast overgrowth. I learned a number of years ago, not everyone will have visible signs (like some women do), but their overgrowth is systemic and in some people causes chronic illnesses with many names.

We are rarely, if ever, told by medical doctors to take probiotics after taking antibiotics. I had always been very healthy, but after onset of illness that kept recurring, and having been given prescriptions for about 10 days at a time for two years, this recurring problem happened to me — and I had no symptoms that made me know I had a fungal overgrowth. I would feel better; and then about 3 to 4 months later, I would become ill again. This went on for two years, and I was feeling more and more like a lifeless vegetable. Yeast overgrowth can occur in children for various reasons, one of them could be medications, along with too many sweets, carbs (without replacing the good flora).

Hopefully, some of Dr. Crook’s wisdom will be helpful in finding answers for your daughter’s blepharitis symptoms.

AF

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.