Home Forums General Discussion Changing my dose of Mino?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    246bride
    Participant

Hi all – I have been on 50mg per day since February. I am pleased at how I am feeling…able to function, not debilitating pain, but still I am not 100% by any stretch and am in some pain. I am certain the AP is playing a role in how I am feeling. I am wondering though, is it time to up and/or change my dose/regimen? The reason I am taking 50mg everyday is because I am so afraid if I hit it too hard with higher doses that my yeast infections will come back. I had problems with this when I was on AP for a few short months before I got pregnant this last time. I am on a probiotic and have Apple Cider Vinegar and incorporate a lot of coconut oil into my diet. So far, I have not had any infections. If I were to make a change, what would you all suggest I do? Go to 100 every other day? Essentially that would be the same dose over a course of a week but would it make any difference? THought I would seek your all’s advice since my GP is on board with AP but not well versed.

Thanks!!

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

You may want to try taking 100 mg only on Mondays, keeping everything else the same. After a month or two (depending on how you feel), you could try taking 100 mg on both Mondays and Fridays. Then after a month or two you could try taking 100 mg on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

This message that I posted back in March contains info that may be helpful:
    How I slowly increased my dose of minocycline.

What probiotics are you taking (and how much)?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.