Home Forums General Discussion Change the amount of mino?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Karel
    Participant

Hi Folk me again with another question.

So 4 months after the start of minocycline (TEVA) I can state that my overall fatigue has dropped a bit, my bigger joints which were at times starting to feel a bit stiff haven’t really bothered me so much and burning feeling in soles and palms is hardly ever present anymore. That’s the better news. My fingers and toes are much worse though, in both stiffness and pain.
    What I am doing wrong?
    I am convinced I didn’t experience a Herx, all the changes came in pretty gradually and late after starting (6 weeks), although I realize the Herz has been described to could start later as well.
    I think I am using a lot of minocycline (200 mg M/W/F) for the first phase and I don’t do detox currently except for taking some NAC and ALA. My rheumy actually prescribed 200 mg of mino every day, right from the start! But having read here everything that seems to be too much at start, and I started somewhere in between.
    I am planning on taking a week off of the mino and see what happens. Is there anything against trying that? If pain and stiffness improve, what does that mean?
    Appreciate any ideas and advise!
    All the best, Karel

lemons
    Participant

Hello Karel, Im on 100mg Minocin M/W/F and have been since starting AP last September. All my blood test results are now normal and Im in very little pain. Instead of stopping the Mino, you could perhaps just try lowering your dose and see what happens.

Karel
    Participant

Lemons Thanks! Good suggestion. Its that in the weekends I normally take two days off and it doesn’t seem to diminish pain levels, so I thought maybe a week could wash the ABX out completely. But you are right probably better to take one step at a time and just bring it down to the 100 mg M/W/F. Happy it works for you!

Thanks!

Woods1977
    Participant

Hi Karel,

In terms of how long you’ve been on AP it’s still really early in the grand scheme of things. I’ve been on AP for almost 2 years myself and I’m still “fighting the good fight”. I’ve had a number of ups and downs, and progress has been so slow that it’s practically immeasurable at times, and I still have a hard time answering the million dollar question: Am I herxing or flaring?

I don’t regret any of it though- even with the ups and downs I’m doing very well at the moment.

This is just a patient perspective but your dose seems a bit high. You may want to consider backing down on your current dose for a while to see how you feel.

Karel
    Participant

Thanks Woods! Yours and Lemons advice made me bring the mino down to 100 M/W/F. Hopefully that will reduce some if the increased issues in my hands and feet.
    K

Woods1977
    Participant

Good luck Karel!

My own starting dose was 50 mg 1/daily, M-W-F. I’m really hoping you’ll notice some improvements soon! Good luck and keep us posted!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.