Home Forums General Discussion Cefdinir

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pittRAlady
    Participant

I just came out a flare or herx or something. Getting scared though because the pain is spreading gradually to all my joints. The LLMD I am seeing is adding Cefdinir. He is adamant that I will get better in six to nine months and he has a 90% success rate. I am getting scared and discouraged. I know it is early for all that. Although my lyme scores look better, physically the joint pain is making me feel worse. I am scared of heavy antibiotics will wreck my gut. Anyone else try adding cefdinir? Anyone have research where a seropositive RA patient got better from a Lyme protocol?

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

What are you taking to control inflammation? No matter what protocol one is on, inflammation must be kept under control.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

pittRAlady
    Participant

Nothing. The doctor told me to try not to take ibuprofen. I drink ginger tea. I swear the turmeric I have makes me feel worse, not sure if there is something in the capsule causing this? Any recommendations?

PhilC
    Participant

@pittRAlady wrote:

Nothing. The doctor told me to try not to take ibuprofen.

Did he say why?

@pittRAlady wrote:

I drink ginger tea.

Are you certain it’s helping? Ginger made me worse, and my mother had the same experience.

@pittRAlady wrote:

I swear the turmeric I have makes me feel worse, not sure if there is something in the capsule causing this?

It’s hard to say without more info.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

kater
    Participant

Hi
    I have SD which I believe is Lyme induced, not RA but have it in remission now–negative ANA and RF on labs. I took 3 years of heavy antibiotics (no Cefdinir though) but including mino, doxy, azithromycin, tinidazole, clarythromycin, clindamycin–and also one year of IV clindy. On some IV days the combined dose was over 3000mg and the only problem I ever had was my alkphos elevating slightly and I was able to correct that easily with milk thistle. Also after 2 years of mino I got some blue spots on my shins but they went away after switch to doxy. I believe It is important to take lots of probiotics and fermented foods though, and eat a clean diet low in sugar, dairy, chemicals and gluten to ease the gut. Also LOTS of things to detox and support the body through the process. I do IV turmeric now and it helps me amazingly with inflammation. This program worked wonders for me.
    Wishing you luck
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

Maz
    Keymaster

@pittRAlady wrote:

I just came out a flare or herx or something. Getting scared though because the pain is spreading gradually to all my joints. The LLMD I am seeing is adding Cefdinir. He is adamant that I will get better in six to nine months and he has a 90% success rate. I am getting scared and discouraged. I know it is early for all that. Although my lyme scores look better, physically the joint pain is making me feel worse. I am scared of heavy antibiotics will wreck my gut. Anyone else try adding cefdinir? Anyone have research where a seropositive RA patient got better from a Lyme protocol?

Hi pittRAlady,

Yup…classic timeframe for herxing still. Sorry you’re in more pain….I’ve been through it, too, and know what you’re describing. 🙁 Cold comfort, I know.

I haven’t tried a cephalosporin, like Cefdinir, in my Lyme protocols, but it is listed as being one of the classes of abx that helps to get rid of borrelia “persisters.”

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12520

There isn’t any research, to my knowledge, of seropositive RAers getting better on Lyme protocols. When a chronic infection isn’t even acknowledged by mainstream science, there won’t be any money poured into researching it, let alone a specific patient group. 🙁 There is, however, anecdotal evidence, meaning people who have come through here and got better over time. I still think 6-9 months is very optimistic for hope of remission from RA/Lyme, so I am hoping Dr. B. has found the magic bullets and you will be able to share your recovery with us. He is a very experienced APdoc/LLMD, so you should be in good hands, even if you take much longer to recover.

In general, folks on AP begin to see some signs of improvement (labs and/or symptoms) around the 6-8 month marks, as per patient experience shared here over the years.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.