Home Forums General Discussion CBD to Alleviate Pain

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Kelly S
    Participant

Has anyone taken CBD while taking minocycline during AP treatment? I read an article about how CBD really helps with chronic pain and anxiety so I ordered some and have taken it for a few days. Now I’m wondering if it will interfere with the mino or hurt my gut health?

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

I Kelly;
    I am a big fan of it although I have never needed to try it.I make oil for the boys who work at the lumber yard down the road.All have repetitive motion injuries and say that it works wonders.My brother had pancreatic cancer that spread to his liver and stomach and within 5 months no doctor could find any cancer.I also use it on several geriatric cats.Straight CBD is not as good as a combo of thc and CBD such as a ratio o2 THC to !0 CBD.Since you only take a few drops a day there would never be enough THC to do any harm even at a higher ratio.The THC has more terpines than CBD.If you want to learn about illness and cannabis there is a great series done 3-4 years ago called The Sacred Plant.I think it is still on Youtube

Spiffy1

It all depends on where you live unfortunately with the THC.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

I started taking CBD in November or December. I was taking it amongside minocycline and fluconozole, which may have caused problems for me.

I have developed some serious setbacks/major relapse during that time, though I don’t have much evidence to support the idea that the CBD contributed.

I think one of the most important things to be aware of while using it during AP is that CBD is a strong inhibitor of cytochrome p450 3a which metabolizes a lot of different kinds of medications, including many antibiotics.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21356216/

it’s just something to be aware of

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

For medical use one only uses 3 or 4 drops twice a day or if smoked it is only 1 puff.Any chance you were taking too much?

Luck20
    Participant

I tried it over the summer when my pain and progression was at it worst. It seemed like it took the edge off the pain and was a bit better than only taking ibuprofane for pain but I wasn’t incredibly impressed. Thats just my experience and maybe it just wasn’t useful for my type of pain? I got it from what was suppose to be a real reliable source and payed $40 and up for a tiny bottle. I used many drops at a time, 3 or 4 drops won’t have done anything for me. I went through a bottle in 8 days once. I didn’t have any negative side effects, that I’m aware.

Sorry to sound negative, just mentioning my experiences. Everyone is different. It doesn’t hurt to give it a try!

Originally +Ana May 2018 (now negative Jan 2019), scleroderma or uctd, Morphea (now mostly gone!), Myositis ( better now) Probable Lyme w/coinfections, had Bartonella marks that disappeared,
    Mild reflux, mostly gone,mild ild, skin hardening (continued softening and some parts normal again) Impaired liver function, now normal after 1 year and CK, LDH all normal again, 14 mo after starting ap.

Minocin m-f 2x, antibiotic rotation, ldn 4.5, cellcept 3000, probiotics, Monolaurens, Olive leaf extract, fish

Luck20
    Participant

I was on mino, fluconozole, azith and tinidazole at the time.

Everyone is different and is dealing with different things. I love the phrase “go low and slow” but also trust yourself. If something doesn’t feel right, don’t do it. Its great to hear other people’s experiences but in the end its all about what works fof you.

Originally +Ana May 2018 (now negative Jan 2019), scleroderma or uctd, Morphea (now mostly gone!), Myositis ( better now) Probable Lyme w/coinfections, had Bartonella marks that disappeared,
    Mild reflux, mostly gone,mild ild, skin hardening (continued softening and some parts normal again) Impaired liver function, now normal after 1 year and CK, LDH all normal again, 14 mo after starting ap.

Minocin m-f 2x, antibiotic rotation, ldn 4.5, cellcept 3000, probiotics, Monolaurens, Olive leaf extract, fish

Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

For medical use one only uses 3 or 4 drops twice a day or if smoked it is only 1 puff.Any chance you were taking too much?

I was most certainly taking way too much. I did not realize how massive the dose I was taking was – relative to what the average dosing for medical purposes is.

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

Luck20
    Participant

Me too, pinkmoth. I had no idea, was in a fog of sickness and pain and probably figured I had nothing to lose…

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Holy smokes girls,no wonder you were feeling like crap.The very best way to use cannabis is to juice a few leaves and a bud.Any kind of plant is good even those with high THC because when used this way there is no psychoactive properties and you get all 400 or so elements of the plant.Cannabis will only get you high if dried and heated.This is done when making oil so you really have to get the right seeds for that.When juicing you can make a year’s supple from 2-3 plants.Just put the juice in ice cube trays and freeze.Then you can use any amount you need for the pain with no ill effects.
    I really hope you an watch the series called The Sacred Plant on Youtube if it is still there If you juice just use a few leaves,maybe 8 or 9 and a bud or two with 2 cups water

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.