Home Forums General Discussion Cancer as caused by microbes, yeast and fungi…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    hopefulmama
    Participant

Sorry if this has been posted on the board many times before, I've only been a member for a few months but have learned so much from all of you!

Today I was looking into the Budwig Diet and the Lemon-Olive Oil Drink that I have read about here on this board, and I ran across a page about the cause of cancer that is in complete alignment with the infectious theory of rheumatic disease. 

http://www.new-cancer-treatments.org/Theory/CancerTheory.html

I thought, since some people on the board suffer from both rheumatic disease and cancer, that I would post the theory here.  It also explains treatments. 

This makes a lot of sense to me, because based on my 4 months on the board I already believe that all illness in the body is caused by microbes, yeast, fungus and possibly a leaky gut.  This article explains the science and research behind this theory.

Interestingly, Alan Cantwell who has co-authored work on mycoplasma with Pat Ganger (one of Dr. Brown's original patients) is cited several times in this article.

A Friend
    Participant

[user=2523]hopefulmama[/user] wrote:

Sorry if this has been posted on the board many times before, I've only been a member for a few months but have learned so much from all of you!

Today I was looking into the Budwig Diet and the Lemon-Olive Oil Drink that I have read about here on this board, and I ran across a page about the cause of cancer that is in complete alignment with the infectious theory of rheumatic disease. 

http://www.new-cancer-treatments.org/Theory/CancerTheory.html

I thought, since some people on the board suffer from both rheumatic disease and cancer, that I would post the theory here.  It also explains treatments. 

This makes a lot of sense to me, because based on my 4 months on the board I already believe that all illness in the body is caused by microbes, yeast, fungus and possibly a leaky gut.  This article explains the science and research behind this theory.

Interestingly, Alan Cantwell who has co-authored work on mycoplasma with Pat Ganger (one of Dr. Brown's original patients) is cited several times in this article.

Hello HopefulMama…. You're singing my song above.  I believe everything you mention above is true, as I've experienced the things you mentioned, found research that pointed this out.  In the case of the Budwig combination, it turned around a lot of things even before I became aware that the combination I was eating twice daily for a severe wasting syndrome was actually what Dr. Budwig had used for terminal cancer patients and turned around their cancer.  It was an “ahaa” moment when I accidentally found and read about her work

Throughout the past almost 14 years, I've found so many answers that even my AP physicians didn't know about and/or overlooked.  In a simplified statement:  I believe that so many of us become immune compromised; then we can't recover, because our bodies lose resilience to replace/repair what is wrong.  Then we become so acidic that all kinds of unfriendly organisms (viruses, yeast, fungus, etc. infections multiply) thrive in an acidic environment; our cells become anerobic (convert to another form and survive in this low-oxygen environment) and we go more downhill. 

Most doctors were not trained in med school about how to recognize and turn around this acidic pH condition.  While researching I read: “Health cannot be maintained in an overly acidic body; illness does not remain in a pH balanced body.” BUT, when we have been extremely acidic for a long period of time, it can take quite a long time for the body to gradually excrete the built-up toxins stored in the tissues of the body and return to a pH balanced condition.  The Budwig combination and the Lemon-Olive Oil drink can be very helpful in cleansing and restoring.  (It was thought, from x-rays, MRI's, bone scans, and whole body nuclear scans over a 10+ year span that I had various forms of cancer.  Since November 2009, after monitoring and correcting my pH balance since late 2006 after learning the above and addressing the highly acidic condition, improvement not only has been felt for a long time, but proof of this has been seen on the last nuclear body scan in Sept. 2009.) 

Regardless of our diagnoses, I believe it is very worthwhile to study/read articles about acidosis and pH and the above protocols…. all of which can probably be found by doing a search in the search window above.  Until our bodies recover enough to have an intact immune system, low-dose AP can be one of our best friends, helping us to zap the invaders we have lost our ability to control.   

Good luck,
    AF

hopefulmama
    Participant

Hi A Friend,

I am so happy to hear that your last nuclear body scan was greatly improved.  Testimonials like this, especially knowing that you have persevered and learned and healed over the course of 14 years, give me the strength to keep on putting one foot in front of the other in moments when I am feeling overwhelmed.  Thank you so much.

When you were doing the Budwig diet, did you ever substitute goats milk yogurt for cottage cheese?  I am lactose intolerant and have severe GERD which means that the cottage cheese (and also, sadly the lemon juice) wasn't doing so well for me.  I'm not sure whether to continue the cottage cheese/flax combination although I am desperate to put weight back on.  Somehow the hefty probiotics I take in the morning every day seemed to be doing a better job on their own with less side effects than the cottage cheese. 

I am going to write a post elsewhere for feedback on my body's response to the lemon juice/olive oil mixture. 

Thanks for sharing that it can take a long time to get a body from acidosis back to a balanced state.  I've been trying hard to rebuild my diet around fruits and gluten free grains, and less around meat-chicken-fish… but it's hard to do as I thrive on protein and I need to consult my lyme doc about this as in her book on the Lyme Diet she says that lyme patients should have a serving of high quality protein with every meal.

Ah well, two steps forward and one step back – at least we're heading in the right direction!

Take care,
    A

A Friend
    Participant

……When you were doing the Budwig diet, did you ever substitute goats milk yogurt for cottage cheese?  I am lactose intolerant and have severe GERD which means that the cottage cheese (and also, sadly the lemon juice) wasn't doing so well for me.  I'm not sure whether to continue the cottage cheese/flax combination although I am desperate to put weight back on.  Somehow the hefty probiotics I take in the morning every day seemed to be doing a better job on their own with less side effects than the cottage cheese….. 

Thanks for sharing that it can take a long time to get a body from acidosis back to a balanced state.  I've been trying hard to rebuild my diet around fruits and gluten free grains, and less around meat-chicken-fish… but it's hard to do as I thrive on protein and I need to consult my lyme doc about this as in her book on the Lyme Diet she says that lyme patients should have a serving of high quality protein with every meal. …….

Ah well, two steps forward and one step back – at least we're heading in the right direction!

Take care,
    A

A, thanks for your reply.  I highlighted in bold print some things you mentioned above:

1) A wrote:   did you ever substitute goats milk yogurt for cottage cheese?
     I did not substitute goats milk because I don't seem to have a sensitivity to cows milk; however, I don't  drink cow's milk, but use unsweetened Almond Milk occasionally, which I like very much.  In my opinion, a goats milk yogurt source can be a quality “sulphurated protein” which is necessary to be combined with with the liquid flaxseed oil, and act as the carrier to get the EFAs into the body's cells for repair.  My preference of flaxseed oil from the beginning has been Flora brand, and I continue to use it — and always check the “press date” and the “expiration date” on the bottle.  Flaxseed oil is perishable, and should always be fresh for our use.  Flora brand is in a brown glass bottle, and needs to be refrigerated and can even be kept in the freezer, especially if one will not be using it before it expires.  It does not freeze solid, and can still be poured right out of the freezer; keeping it in the freezer (I read) can extend the life of the flaxseed oil.  About your being desperate to put weight back on:  Eating the Budwig combination twice daily gradually stopped the wasting syndrome; then it plateaued a bit; and then I began regaining the lost weight.  This combination, with all the powdered probiotics added in, I believe, healed my gastro system so it could again absorb needed nutrients. 

2) A wrote:  I have severe GERD. 
    Fortunately, I haven't had to deal with Gerd, but my spouse sometimes has periods of this.  I encourage you to get some good pH testing strips (I like the Nature's Sunshine strips, which are easy to use.  (In inspite of much progress after several months on AP, and doing really, really well, and looking very healthy after gaining back the llost weight, looking back my body apparently was still overly acid.  Occasionally, after I had been on AP for the first year, I began having problems with the bones in my toes — briefly, after not finding answers, I found a tidbit by Dr. Balch in RX for Nutritional Healing book which said if one was on tetracycline and eating red meat and pork, this can cause a pseudo-gout.  I quickly left off the beef and pork, and it turned around over the next 10 days!  (So, looking back, I believe I'm on target with even the early assessment of an overly acidic body.) 

With the Gerd, it just may be that you, too, are overly acidic.  It might be that Bicarbonate of Soda dissolved in water in the morning and in the evening might be helpful for that, but I believe I'd do some investigation on my pH before using that. 

Acidosis doesn't just happen because of the meat we eat.  There are lots of foods and other things that make us very acidic… especially stress, sugar, coffee, and more.  Also, when one has been ill for a time, we can have a yeast/fungal overgrowth and not even know it — multiple births, birth control pills, other RX medicines…. and we don't have to have had a “typical woman's yeast infection” (I've never had one of those, but yet after a previous 2 years of 10 days of abx for recurring illness onsets during those two years, I apparently developed a systemic fungal overgrowth.  Fortunately, a lady with a new health store rescued me and educated me about that!!!)  But, once something like this happens, how can we know our body is ever over it, if we've continued to battle chronic problems. 

Fortunately, a few years later, because chronic pain began forcing me to find the answer, the answer was found, and it was that culprit ACIDOSIS.  I'd apparently considered everything but that, because my diet for years seemed so excellent.  When a local ND I knew suggested I test my pH, the answer appeared — I was as acidic as the strips could measure.  I immediately began learning that subject pretty thoroughly, and I believe that  not only was my own answer, but believe everyone who is battling chronic illness needs to make sure their pH is kept in an ideal range.  I do believe that “Illness cannot exist in a pH balanced body.”  (It may take quite a while for this ideal pH range to help the body dump everything that it has stored up in the bones and tissues, but if we persevere, we can soon get much better. 

And, about AP — let me emphasize that my immune system was not able to tackle zapping all the gremlins that might come to call, so I will continue taking Minocin on MWF at bedtime for a long time.  I have some other tricks up my sleeve to tweak things further, but at least I know more about what my enemy was. 

You wrote:  I thrive on protein …. And you stated a need for protein. 
    We all need protein, but not all of us can digest all kinds of protein.   I learned as a Blood Type A, I lack HCL to break down the beef/pork protein — causing lots of acidic waste my body can neither digest, nor expell from the body — and gets stored in the tissues.  So I tend to stick to white meat of chicken/turkey paired with fresh or frozen vegetables, raw or steamed.  Also, especially for lunch, I eat lots of fresh salads with these canned fish added (a special can of lightly smoked sardines, salmon, and tuna (all from my favorite health store, and the best gluten free crackers ever from Sam's), with a Good Seasons Italian Dressing made with E. Virgin olive oil and Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar… delicious… and sometimes seeds in the salads. 

Forgive the epistle above, but sometimes it's a struggle to begin something new.  Hope the simple things above may be helpful, and hope I've made sense with it all. 

Best to you,
    AF

hopefulmama
    Participant

Oh A Friend, I so appreciate you.

Thank you so much for this.  I am grateful that you posted it on the main board so that it may someday help people in addition to me.  I know it is going to help me a lot. 

The weird thing I have had with Ph test strips is that my saliva is totally good for Ph, in the right range – just about perfect, actually.  But my urine is totally acidic.  I've been altering my diet significantly to work on becoming more alkaline, which I know will take commitment and many years to do.  It is just strange to me that my saliva is alkaline enough, but my urine is not.  Go figure.

One thing I have just started with today is food combining.  I found a site with a chart to show what combines well with what:  http://www.detox.net.au/Food-Combining.htm and I used it for my meals today.  My constant feeling of reflux is noticeably better, I guess fewer things are fermenting within my gut.  I never knew before that it's wiser to eat certain foods together and others apart.  But, it makes sense to me.  I'll keep you posted on how that all goes.

Thank you so much again.  Take care!

A

MMW
    Participant

Thanks A friend,

This post has been helpful and inspiring to me.

I know you are very knowlegdeable on the whole ph balance thing.  You have helped me before.   I have had so many other topics to research, that I am still a baby when it comes to this subject.  But, the time has come and I must figure this out!

Do you have other favorite past post(s) of yours or the BEST web sites that could be added to this incredible knowledge you have just shared to furthur the information on how to get the PH balance under control using a specific procedure?

I have purchased cal, mag, potassium, and sodium since posting with you last.  In accordance with your recommendations and postings on Mag.  I now take 2 170mg every night along with 2 cal/mag 1000/500mg as well.  And it seems to help alot!

I think you could write a great book on the subject matter!  Thanks for your help.  I appreciate you.

MMW

PS  Should morning urine be 6.0?  I got confused because D.C.. Jarvis “Folk Medicine”  has different info.  He has a fabulous book.  Do you take measures in you own had to fix your ph day by day, or do you wait a few days to see if there is a pattern before diving in to fix it?

A Friend
    Participant

Oh A Friend, I so appreciate you.

Thank you so much for this.  I am grateful that you posted it on the main board so that it may someday help people in addition to me.  I know it is going to help me a lot. 

The weird thing I have had with Ph test strips is that my saliva is totally good for Ph, in the right range – just about perfect, actually.  But my urine is totally acidic.  I've been altering my diet significantly to work on becoming more alkaline, which I know will take commitment and many years to do.  It is just strange to me that my saliva is alkaline enough, but my urine is not.  Go figure.

One thing I have just started with today is food combining.  I found a site with a chart to show what combines well with what:  http://www.detox.net.au/Food-Combining.htm and I used it for my meals today.  My constant feeling of reflux is noticeably better, I guess fewer things are fermenting within my gut.  I never knew before that it's wiser to eat certain foods together and others apart.  But, it makes sense to me.  I'll keep you posted on how that all goes.

Thank you so much again.  Take care!

A

A, you wrote: 

AF wonders about:  When are you doing your saliva pH testing?  Is it when you first awaken, and before you have eaten or drunk anything?  (There are some very good papers on the best (most accurate) ways to do pH testing over the course of the day.)  Also, about your urine being totally acidic —  this MAY be caused by acidic wastes you are able to excrete.  [When we are young, we have a lot more ability,  resilience, reserves, etc.,  to neutralize acids so we can safely excrete them through urine, feces, and skin.  When we become older, and have been ill longer and have a lot more stored acidic wastes/toxins from various health problems, that cannot be safely excreted, we can have depleted these mineral reserves meant for this purpose …. even our body may have had to rob our bones and other body stores to keep us alive. This probably begins by doing damage to bones and causing pain problems, especially in fascia. 

Life cannot be sustained UNLESS the pH of the blood remains in a very narrow/exact range.  Dr. P. Braun and Dr. Mildred Seelig have both written on this subject:  in a Magnesium Deficiency paper (by Braun) and in a book on “Magnesium and the Pathogenesis of Disease” (by Seelig) that lab blood tests for magnesium are not accurate (because the body MUST keep the blood in an exact range, the blood tested can have borrowed/stolen the magnesium it MUST have from other organs, and not be using the reserve that was intended for the body's use for this purpose.

A, it would be interesting to know your Blood Type.  Dr. D'Adamo has done good research on this.  Some of the foods for blood types can be found by doing internet searches.  I purchased the book, “Cook Right for Your Blood Type” as it had the scientific explanations plus recipes.  As a Type A, I learned I do not have enough HCL to break down certain foods, thus leaving acidic wastes.  Also, there are foods that are Highly Beneficial, others Neutral, others AVOID.  This has to do with our blood chemistry and body function. 

I've heard/read some positive comments about food combining, but so far I have not spent time to understand as much about this as I'd like to know. 

Hope the above “misc.” helps.  And hope you will post your improvements and how these are achieved. 

AF

A Friend
    Participant

[user=1619]MMW[/user] wrote:

Thanks A friend,

This post has been helpful and inspiring to me.

I know you are very knowlegdeable on the whole ph balance thing.  You have helped me before.   I have had so many other topics to research, that I am still a baby when it comes to this subject.  But, the time has come and I must figure this out!

Do you have other favorite past post(s) of yours or the BEST web sites that could be added to this incredible knowledge you have just shared to furthur the information on how to get the PH balance under control using a specific procedure?

I have purchased cal, mag, potassium, and sodium since posting with you last.  In accordance with your recommendations and postings on Mag.  I now take 2 170mg every night along with 2 cal/mag 1000/500mg as well.  And it seems to help alot!

I think you could write a great book on the subject matter!  Thanks for your help.  I appreciate you.

MMW

PS  Should morning urine be 6.0?  I got confused because D.C.. Jarvis “Folk Medicine”  has different info.  He has a fabulous book.  Do you take measures in you own had to fix your ph day by day, or do you wait a few days to see if there is a pattern before diving in to fix it?

MMW, I didn't see your post when I got the notice of “A's” reply.  I promise to get back with you, but I've got to run now.  If I get forgetful, hope you will promise to send me at least a PM.  There should be lots of posts on RBFBB that can be found in the search window.  But, I will see if I can locate my favorite ones you requested. 

AF

hopefulmama
    Participant

Hi A Friend,

I am an O blood type.  I've followed D'Adamo's diet for type Os since 1998… but only took the gluten free part seriously starting in 2007.  So, for over a decade I have eaten a lot of acid forming foods as he actually recommends ample protein mainly in the  form of lean meats for type Os.  I usually eat grass-fed beef or buffalo meat, sometimes chicken, eggs and a lot of fish.  Also vegetables and gluten free grains – and very little fruit.  No soy. 

The pH of my saliva is 7.0, very consistently.  The pH of my urine is 5.5, also very consistently.  Thank you so much for recommending those scholarly papers about the pH range, I will look into them right away.  I did check all of my bloodwork to find out what the pH is of my blood but I could not find it on any of the CBCs or metabolic panels. 

Take care and I will keep you updated as I make progress.  So far it seems like baby steps… but I finally got my transdermal glutathione and LDN prescription filled today and will be able to begin taking it later in the week when it arrives.  So, maybe there will be improvement soon 🙂

Thank you for everything,
    a

A Friend
    Participant

A,

The paper by Dr. Braun and the book by Dr. Seelig were more on Magnesium Deficiency and the myriad of things than this can lead to.  Mag deficiency affects so much more in the body's function than I could ever have imagined.  I didn't post any pH papers, but plan to do that… hopefully tomorrow. 

AF

A Friend
    Participant

MMW,

This first item giving information about basic testing of pH did not print well here, so am deleting it and repasting it into a PM for you.  If others would like to have it, it can be sent in a PM. 

The following are from other sources/links given: 

<span style="font-size:2]http://www.blueeyedcurse.com/tissue_acid_waste.htm
    The excerpt below from the above link, (if I'm understanding what has been written in the excerpts below) shows how and why our cells, unfortunately, can and do change:

“In the acid medium of 6.5 or less[,]enzymes within the cells become toxic and eventually bring about the death of the cell.”

About our blood never changing pHwise — apparently that is what physicians were taught in medical school.  However, Dr. Cheney (longtime physician and researcher of chronic fatigue, and involved in those first cases in Incline Village) found that venous blood sometimes does change: (the following excerpt explains this, and I've underlined some important points…AF]

By Carol Sieverling
    Note from Carol Sieverling: This article is intentionally detailed and technical so those who wish to try this treatment can share it with their doctor. It is based on a taped conversation with Dr. Cheney and has been reviewed and edited by him. Dr. Paul Cheney recently began prescribing oxygen for patients with alkaline venus blood. Up to an hour of oxygen in the morning can provide half a day of significant improvement and numerous benefits. He has been seeing alkaline blood results in patients for years, but dismissed it as insignificant, based on his medical school training. His growing suspicion that it was a very significant factor was confirmed when a speaker at an international conference on fatigue in London began a presentation by announcing “Ladies and gentlemen, I'm here to tell you that CFS patients are alkalotic.” Blood alkalosis inhibits the transport of oxygen to tissues and organs, constricts the blood vessels, and lowers overall circulating blood volume. The purative cause of the alkalosis is the glutathione deficiency that is pervasive in CFIDS. Low glutathione causes an elevation in citrate, which in turn lowers a substance (2.3 DPG) that controls the release of oxygen from the hemoglobin. Our blood could be full of oxygen, but without enough of this substance it cannot break free of the hemoglobin and get into the cells. This causes oxygen deprivation in the tissues (hypoxia), which makes the body switch over to anaerobic metabolism, and that produces tissue acidosis, which can be painful. The acidosis here is unusual because instead of generating a lot of carbon dioxide, it generates a lot of organic acids that stay inside the cell. The body compensates for tissue acidosis by increasing renal bicarbonate reabsorption, and developing tissue alkalosis. This blood alkalosis is unusual in that Cheney usually sees venus blood pH values over 7.4 and urine pH values under 6.0. (Optimum venus pH values are 7.30 to 7.35.) When both blood alkalosis and urine acidosis are seen, it's a metabolic problem – not a psychogenic reaction to a needle stick. A blood pH above 7.4 shows impairment, and above 7.5 there is significant impairment – almost no oxygen transport at all. A urine organic acid test will also reveal this problem: elevated citrate and/or low 2-oxo-glutatic are markers. The really terrible thing is the presence of a vicious cycle. The blood alkalosis further lowers the levels of 2.3 DPG (inhibiting the release of oxygen), causing tissue hypoxia, which causes tissue acidosis and pain, which then causes blood alkalosis, which lowers 2.3 DPG even further. And around and around we go.

<span style="font-size:3]http%;”>[/size]
    [The following excerpt from this link shows that our normal cells can change to cancer cells.  Apparently normal cells change to cancer cells when they become overly acidic, and these cells thrive in an anaerobic environment. AF]   

“Healthy cells thrive in an environment of oxygen” while “cancer cells thrive in an environment of acid.”
    [/size]
    [/size]

http://www.feelgoodfood.com/feel-good-food-news-balance-more-than-concept.php

Balance is More Than a Concept
    by Deborah Page Johnson

http://www.naturalnews.com/Report_acid_alkaline_pH_1.html

The pH Nutrition Guide to Acid/Alkaline Balance

More later,
    AF

[/size][/size]

Joe M
    Participant

Hi,

Balancing body ph is certainly a hot topic on the internet.  One thing I've noticed about sites referenced so far in this post is their interest in selling me something.  I tend to be wary of these sites and the “science” they promote.

Diet is usually a component of sites claiming to alter your ph, which is generally a better diet than most people tend to eat, so if nothing else you would end up eating better, which is bound to make you feel better.

And we all know how effective the placebo effect can be.  Thinking you are doing something beneficial for your body can cause actual physical changes for the better.

Anyway, it is always wise to seek out both sides of an issue.  Here are just a couple of sites I quickly found that present a differing view with nothing to sell as far as I could see.  As always, it is up to us to filter through the loads of information on the internet today and make the choice best for us.  

http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1575

http://www.aicr.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=13441

Excerpt:

While proponents of this myth argue that avoiding certain foods and eating others can change the body

hopefulmama
    Participant

Thanks, Joe – it is always great to get different perspectives 🙂  I'll read through those sites about pH.

As for the Food Combining, all I can say is that it is making a rapid and noticeable difference in my own individual acid reflux/heartburn problem.  Since I started following the food combining rules a few days ago, my reflux has subsided by I would say 80% from where it was.  I am grateful!  I am eating all of the same foods that I was eating before, just in different combinations.  E.g. I'm having my starches (like potatoes) with fats (like butter) in one sitting and then eating proteins and vegetables in a different sitting, with a few hours in between for digestion.  Rather than having them all at once.  It is making a real difference in the burning.

Take care,
    A

A Friend
    Participant

Joe,

I haven't yet had time to “adequately” reply to your post, but do intend to when I find time to do it adequately. 

For now, my thoughts are that the same kind of thinking/suppositions you write about seem very similar to me to the kind of mainstream medical writing, thinking, prescribing, etc. which is believed by doctors who paint Dr. Thomas McPherson Brown's work as not substantiated; also, those doctors who do not or have not given adequate respect to the necessity of replacing the good flora to prevent yeast/fungal overgrowth, such as Dr. William Crook, pediatric allergist, who spent many years during his practice and helped turn around the health of so many children and adults. 

On the subject of acidosis which occurs usually after years of  being marginally healthy and results from all sorts of problems, including uninformed doctors  whose prescribing can/has actually added to the burden of the patient — and most for years did not know about OR did not mention the importance of probiotics — this was the beginning of my own chronic illness.  Having always been very healthy, I'd not studied this kind of information… until I became a lifeless vegetable after two years of taking 10 days of abx about every 4 months for two years for a recurring infection from a misdiagnosis of TMJ.  In a truly real world, not prescribing probiotics after about 15 RXes of abx over two years, to me this would sound like malpractice. 

The above is  but the tip of the iceberg of what health problems can result from such as thing.  And, all I have to do is to realize how much our physicians miss is to revisit my own history, and how almost nothing that solved or turned my own problems around (unfortunately only one at a time) came from a treating physician, unless they had studied the work of such as Dr. Brown, Dr. Crook, Dr. Wirostko (outstanding AP ophthalmologist from the NY/NJ area) and had a respect for complementary medicine.  There are a number of outstanding physicians/specialists today who are striving to give us facts and articles, to hopefully counteract the kind of chronic illness medicine that is being practiced today:  “Patient has problem = Big Pharma has a magic bullet.” 

If I get hit by a Mack truck, I want our outstanding trauma care and support longterm if needed.  But, if chronic illness is the name of my game, I definitely want the type of doctors above, plus cardiologists, neurologists, and others who've not put on blinders as to what really turns around chronic illness, and why we go down that slippery slope and how we as patients can help ourselves daily by being aware of the daily/weekly changes using methods that can, at the very least, signal us that we need to do more to nurture our bodies. 

Over the years, even on this Board, I've had occasions to write such as the above.  I wish to heaven those older posts had not gone away!  I've been in the fast lane for months now, and have intended to reply to your post sooner, Joe, but since I believe this subject is so very important, I did want you to know that before long I hope to assemble and share important specifics (probably most are in past posts).  And am hoping readers/members do not have to learn things one at a time over the course of 18 years or more like many have had to do. Understanding the bigger picture can be very helpful.   

We all are searching for similar things, for ourselves, our family, or others.  And since we are all so unquely different, we have to learn much information before we can sort through and  “separate the wheat from the chafe (sp?)” and what actually is right for our own needs. 

Best to all,

AF

A Friend
    Participant

Joe, the first excerpt below is from your post. Thank you for bringing this writing to our attention.  It can serve as a learning opportunity.  Let me add that I'm not well acquainted with Dr. Lam, but his work seems to match my understanding.  I probably should have waited after reading the excerpt to find a doctor/scientist I'm very familiar with, but the “aicr” excerpt really has some red flags that I strongly disagree with, and believe they are in error. 

I've underlined a bit of the excerpt.  I believe it's important that we try to figure this out, as it is very important that we with chronic health problems understand this subject and how important it can be.  AF  

<span style="font-size:3]http%;”>

[Joe's] Excerpt:

While proponents of this myth argue that avoiding certain foods and eating others can change the body

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.