Home Forums General Discussion Canadian teva-doxycycline from Shoppers Drugmart

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    matv
    Participant

Hi,

As a few have stated, Novo was purchased by Teva in Canada and the drugs are not the same as their American namesakes. So, I checked out my pills, I never understood why before but now I notice my beige pill says “novo” on one side, “100” on the other.

Is the novo brand not as good as the teva? I’m not exactly concerned as it’s doing what it needs to do, but I would like to know if I made a mistake in generic brand name.

The only other one I could get as far as I know is the Apo generic brand. They look somewhat the same, but not sure how well they work.

Denyse
    Participant

I was told by PhilC that Teva bought out Novopharm in 2000. And someone else had mentioned to stay away from the APO. I have just started on the TEVA which is a generic about 3 weeks now and not having super great results. I had to up my dose to 200 BID. Before this I was taking Brand Name Stiefel 150 mg daily with great results. I was in remission, haven’t had blood work done since these changes, but by the way I feel, I am sure things have changed.

CANADIAN LIVING IN CANADA
    Diagnosis/ Diffuse Scleroderma since 05/2006
    Current Meds: Methotrexate, Minocin, Zantac, Rabeprozale, Zopiclone
    Current Supp: Nattokinase, Serrapeptase, COQ10, Milk Thistle, Folate,, B12, D3, Melissa, UP4 probiotics, N-A-C
    medical MJ
    Current Extras: FIR

richie
    Participant

Hi–There are quite a few brands of doxycycline available –go to HealthCanada.com for the list –
    richie

Denyse
    Participant

TY, so frustrating to have to go through all this again.

CANADIAN LIVING IN CANADA
    Diagnosis/ Diffuse Scleroderma since 05/2006
    Current Meds: Methotrexate, Minocin, Zantac, Rabeprozale, Zopiclone
    Current Supp: Nattokinase, Serrapeptase, COQ10, Milk Thistle, Folate,, B12, D3, Melissa, UP4 probiotics, N-A-C
    medical MJ
    Current Extras: FIR

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.