Home Forums General Discussion Can you take Mino with your levoxyl?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    marinastarbucks
    Participant

Too many medicines to take on an empty stomach. Can I take levoxyl and minocycline together in the morning? Also, can I take minocycline with a probiotic at night (doesn’t have calcium but has acidolpolus (primal defense)). Thanks

Marina

Maz
    Keymaster

@marinastarbucks wrote:

Too many medicines to take on an empty stomach. Can I take levoxyl and minocycline together in the morning? Also, can I take minocycline with a probiotic at night (doesn’t have calcium but has acidolpolus (primal defense)).

Hi Marina,

Unless someone takes both levoxyl and mino and knows the answer, it might help to ask this at the Mary Shoman thyroid support site. According to this link, it’s best for all thyroid meds to be kept away from food and supps containing minerals, so can understand your quandry as similar instructions are recommended for mino.

http://thyroid.about.com/od/thyroiddrugstreatments/a/bedtime.htm

I do remember someone mentioning here a while back that they were told by their doc to take their thyroid meds at least 6 hours away from their minocycline. Why, I don’t recall. ❓

Probiotics need to have at least a 2 hour window either side of any abx, because the idea with probiotics is to replace the good fauna in the gut that abx disturbs. Taken together at the same time, the abx can negate the good effect of the probiotics making it pointless to take them.

Hope you can figure out the optimal answer for your thyroid meds and mino or someone can pop along to let you know what their doc recommended.

marinastarbucks
    Participant

Thanks, Maz. I ended up emailing Dr. T and he said it was no problem to take levoxyl and mino together in the morning. Thanks.

Maz
    Keymaster

Marina, so glad you found your answer…it sure can all be a bit confusing sometimes figuring out dosing schedules for everything.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.