Home Forums General Discussion can TB trigger SD?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JustDiagnosedChris
    Participant

Around the age of 13, A family friend of ours was diagnosed with a very rare and hard to treat form of tuberculosis. We all got tested by the health dept. after they learned that we were spending lots of time with him. I know Dr. F and his assistant both told me that it looks like I had some sort of respiratory infection in the past. The only thing is, I have great lungs, don’t ever really cough, and don’t get out of breath too much. The only other respiratory factor I’ve wondered about it the fact that my house that I grew up in had lead paint and asbestos uncovered all over the place. It was an old New England house built in 1910. I also had a terrible case of pneumonia when I was 8. I think it started viral and went bacterial.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

I would think that the answer could be “yes” when we come down with some sort of disease there is always a trace left behind.I am having a hard time to try to explain this in English and I have seen the exact word for this phenominon but can’t remember it,anyway,lets say you get sick and between your immune system and drugs you get over it but that last we bit of the disease is still in your body.The immune system keeps it pinned down.Exposure to such things like lead from water pipes in an old house will weaken the immune system and maybe make wee changes in your DNA.Any environmental toxin will do that.I and Richie were exposed to aviation fuel for decades and I think that is what originally weakened my system.Because it was not in top shape I easily picked up micoplasma fermentans and pneumoniae that are floating around just about everywhere and BINGO, I came down with SD.Having Lyme did not help eitherOnce the immune system can’t function well any bacterial trace that we carry can come back to haunt us.Hope you can understand what I mean.If you can read French I can easily explain this.

JustDiagnosedChris
    Participant

I understand what you mean perfectly.

richie
    Participant

Asbestos exposure is a possible trigger for SD —
    richie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.