Home Forums General Discussion Can I restart Minocycline regimen??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Annette
    Participant

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is doing well. After taking 150mg of Minocycline daily for 2 years I regrettably had to stop taking it last June 2019 due to concerns over eye pain and pressure. After consulting with my Opthamologist I feel the eye pains may have not been caused by the Minocycline but possibly from dry eyes. I would very much like to begin taking Minocycline daily again as the symptoms for Scleroderma have been creeping back in. I was very pleased with the results I’ve gotten over the 2 years of taking Mino and really didn’t want to stop the regimen, but I had to be sure the Minocycline wasn’t the culprit, as I’ve learned taking tetracycline for long periods of time can sometimes become a problem. So, my question is: After not taking Minocycline for the past 8 months, Will it be fine to resume taking 150mg of Minocycline daily as I’ve done in the past? Should I expect the same helpful results in decreased Scleroderma symptoms as I enjoyed earlier?
    Thank you all for your help! : )
    -Annette

Maz
    Keymaster

Well, that decision ideally can only be made between you and your provider, but otherwise there is no reason why people can’t resume AP after an extended break. Success in such instances is variable and can depend on a number of factors, like finding a generic that works, dose, age, degree of disease progression, other meds being used, etc., and at least you’re aware of your eye issues if it becomes a problem. You also have friends here if you are looking for support. 👍

Annette
    Participant

Thank you so much, Maz. You continue to be a great help to me. God Bless! : )

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.