Home Forums General Discussion Calling all former and current plaquenil users!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    bonnielou
    Keymaster

Hi Lizz. I am a current plaquenil user. I have been on plaquenil about 2 years. My rheumatologist started me at 400 mg/day also, and I also took celebrex. Both of those drugs really helped me, but they were hard on my stomach. As I started the minocycline, and my inflammation came under control, she cut back my plaquenil to 300, then 200, then 100mg/day. Starting tomorrow — I go to 400 mg a week (just one half pill on the days I don't do mincycline – Sa, Su, Tu, Th)

I have found it very helpful, and very benign. My symptoms are very well controlled now — minor things. My doc told me it would be about 4 months before the plaquenil was fully working —

I hope things turn around for you soon.

Bonnie

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

A Friend
    Participant

Hi Lizz,

So sorry you are going through this difficult time.  Is your physician experienced with AP?  If not, you might want to have him call one of the more experienced ones, i.e. Dr. S in Iowa.. who is happy to do such a consult with you or your physician and no charge. 

Meanwhile, were you cautioned about watching out for possible side effects of Plaquenil regarding our eyes?  If not, please do a search on this, so you will know what to watch out for. 

Also, Lizz, there may be another reason why you did not make progress on AP.  Do you know about leaky gut, yeast overgrowth, celiac syndrome, and such as this that can cause continuing inflammation and pain?  This is a subject that it seems few physicians address, and it can be a very important one. 

Hope you have relief soon. 

AF

SusanSD
    Participant

Hopefull,
         I was diagnosed in summer 2006, but my symptoms began Nov. 2005. I started AP in Oct. 2006 and noticed improvements by 3-4 months. I began IV antibiotics after 6-7 mos of AP. For more details, see my testimonial.
        Susan

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘ Calling all former and current plaquenil users!’ is closed to new replies.