Home Forums General Discussion Calcium Channel Blockers and LDN

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    aynurrzepa
    Participant

Hi

I tried searching but probably the search engine is not working since migration?

Does anybody who takes LDN also take Ca channel blocker (CCB)? Is such combination safe, good?

Or, whoever takes CCB – did you notice improvement with fingertip ulcerations?

Docs have always recommended I took CCB for my Raynaud’s but I was always reluctant to do so. Guess also because my ulcer inflammation never lasted for over 1-1.5 months. I’ve hav these ulcers for almost 25 years and they are better now then were earler. I started getting probs with it after my second baby which led me here and the AP. one of my ulcers would not prperly heal for 2 years now – before it gets completely healed it inflames again. So, I guess I should look into CCBs now. Although for me it’s like a personal failure – I never took any meds for SD/Raynaud’s and that way felt I was keeping the decease away from me. Now, with AP, i feel braver as in not thinking that taking those meds is in any way giving in to SD. I feel braver now to take CCB with AP than before it, as I know I’m in any way on the mend and not the opposite. So, if you shared with your experience with CCB, i’d really apprrciate!

vinny
    Participant

I take the calcium channel blocker Amlodipine Besylate for high blood pressure. I also take LDN and Minocycline. I would perfer not to take any blood pressure meds, but can’t keep it down witthout something. I consider ccb’s one of the safer blood pressure meds. Prior to my Psoriatic Arthritis in 2007 I had very cold hands and feet and had Raynaud attacks in my fingers when playing golf in the winter. My circulation is much improved at the present time and I did not have any Raynaud attack last winter.
    vinny

Psoriatic Arthritis: 100mg Minoz Minocycline TABLET daily; twice daily 400mg Pentoxifylline;125mcg Levotyroxine: Have been using some level of Minocycline since 2008

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

@aynurrzepa wrote:

Hi

I tried searching but probably the search engine is not working since migration?

Aynur – search function is working across new and old posts now. If you use the function within a thread it will only search the thread. If you go back to the board index and use ‘search this forum’ you should get lots of results. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

aynurrzepa
    Participant

Thanks Lynnie! I’ll do that…

Thanks Vinny, too…let me see If I find more info on the website through search…

I wonder if I can take CCBs just for a short period of time? In Dec we are going back home from Dubai for 2 weeks for X-mas and New Year and it’s will be cold there (Baku). I want to avoid prolonged Raynaud’s attacks as one of my fingertip ulcers would not heal for 2 years now… Does it work if I take only for short periods of time, how long does it take to make effect? I guess I shoudl also consult with one the rheumis I keep on a backburner for questions like this as possibly my GP (who rx-ed me my abx with no AP experience) would not know about CCB for SD as well…

Aynur

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

@aynurrzepa wrote:

I wonder if I can take CCBs just for a short period of time? In Dec we are going back home from Dubai for 2 weeks for X-mas and New Year and it’s will be cold there (Baku). I want to avoid prolonged Raynaud’s attacks as one of my fingertip ulcers would not heal for 2 years now… Does it work if I take only for short periods of time, how long does it take to make effect? I guess I shoudl also consult with one the rheumis I keep on a backburner for questions like this as possibly my GP (who rx-ed me my abx with no AP experience) would not know about CCB for SD as well…

Aynur

Aynur – have you searched the Board for things people have done for Raynauds and/or Finger Ulcers? I just did a search and lots came up. Here’s one thread that speaks about what people have done re finger ulcers that you may find interesting. Lynnie viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2444&p=21550&hilit=finger+ulcers#p21550

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.