Home Forums General Discussion Bull’s Eye Rash

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    mkbeeliever
    Participant

Patti, horn away girl! You know I always love reading your posts! I am a thread hijacker myself! Gotta love that you think its all about you, because its actually all about moi! Lol! I just want to keep seeing the circle thingie beside my post on the main page have a star and animated moving lines!! Merry Christmas and thank you for your sweet words! U R a gem!
    Michelle

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Michou;
    I hope you have had a nice quiet holiday.Wish I could say the same for us.This year we did not put up a tree or make a big Xmas dinner which removes a lot of stress.I decided to pass things down to my girls who naturally said…..ARE YOU KIDDING????We compromised and had a great breakfast and gift giving at the Nathalie’s and then played on the floor for hours and felt like kids again.
    Nat lives an hour’s drive east of us and Friday night after the kids were in bed we ran over and put up the tree and laid out the gifts.Came home and did a wee bit of cooking and drove back Saturday morning for the fun.Next big event will be taking down the tree on Epiphany(06Jan) Sitting it in a snow bank and redecorating it with garlands of dried fruit,pop corn,cranberries and tiny suet balls that we make with beef fat and seeds.This should feed all the wee creatures until spring.
    Now ,on to the Lyme story.Remember I told you I have a sister way up north in the Yukon who has Lupus and MCTD? She is doing very well on MP but just this summer showed the big bull’s eye rash for months on end.Naturally everyone says you can’t get Lyme there but sure enough she has it and probably has for at least a decade.Now her doc has to figure out how to treat it,low dose MP is a far cry from what she will need.
    Love you sweetie,give mom a hug for me .I officially joined the old bag category Friday night (65) so now she has company. hehehehehe

mkbeeliever
    Participant

@Lynne G./SD wrote:

Hi Michou;
    I hope you have had a nice quiet holiday.Wish I could say the same for us.This year we did not put up a tree or make a big Xmas dinner which removes a lot of stress.I decided to pass things down to my girls who naturally said…..ARE YOU KIDDING????We compromised and had a great breakfast and gift giving at the Nathalie’s and then played on the floor for hours and felt like kids again.
    Nat lives an hour’s drive east of us and Friday night after the kids were in bed we ran over and put up the tree and laid out the gifts.Came home and did a wee bit of cooking and drove back Saturday morning for the fun.Next big event will be taking down the tree on Epiphany(06Jan) Sitting it in a snow bank and redecorating it with garlands of dried fruit,pop corn,cranberries and tiny suet balls that we make with beef fat and seeds.This should feed all the wee creatures until spring.
    Now ,on to the Lyme story.Remember I told you I have a sister way up north in the Yukon who has Lupus and MCTD? She is doing very well on MP but just this summer showed the big bull’s eye rash for months on end.Naturally everyone says you can’t get Lyme there but sure enough she has it and probably has for at least a decade.Now her doc has to figure out how to treat it,low dose MP is a far cry from what she will need.
    Love you sweetie,give mom a hug for me .I officially joined the old bag category Friday night (65) so now she has company. hehehehehe

Quiet Holiday??!! Definitely not us! It was a lot of fun and very busy. Not too busy that we were stressed or anything, so that is good. This year I was really ahead of the game for once. We went to Christmas Eve mass at 4pm with my aunt and uncle’ and then went to their house (about 16 there) and then had 12 over here at my house for Christmas day. The food was excellent and the company was excellent with a few minor exceptions! But, we love it busy and full of chaos! I am so glad you enjoyed yours and it was less stressful for you! Sometimes Christmas is a pain in the butt. This year it seems for both of us it was not! Yay!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY PRECIOUS YOUNG BAG! Mom says happy birthday also! What a special birthday to have it on Christmas Eve! I hope it was a wonderful celebration of you!

We too wait until Epiphany to take our decorations down…I love that tradition. I have a girl who comes in and helps me out a couple days a week (one of my friend’s daughters) and she will take it all down while I am working. She decorated my outside, my tree (I did finishing touches) and it helped me out so much! I did not feel frazzled this year because of her. She’s precious! She and my mom sat and put all of our recipes into a three ring binder and categorized them a few weeks ago…she does things like that, things that need done that will never get done and remain on the back burner. She’s cleaned out my two pantries, throwing all expired food away, she cleaned out my refrigerator doing the same and scrubbing it clean. She also helps me keep up with the laundry. She’s a God send.

Ok, tonight I’m off to go eat dinner with my friends and watch the Atlanta Falcon’s football game…GO FALCONS!

Gotta get ready…love you Lynne!
    Michou

This is a picture of my mom with my dad and my dad’s 88 yr old mom.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mkbeeliever
    Participant

Hello everyone!

Hope today is becoming a great day for you! I wanted to let you know we sent in Mom’s Lyme test yesterday. Should arrive in California Friday with the two day FedEx they provided!

I succeeded in pushing my weight around and getting them to sign off on the form and use Igenex. One of the doctors went bonkers that we weren’t using Meridian. Oh well. I win!

Talk to you soon! I’m sure when we get results I’m going to need you all to help interpret!

xxoo
    Michelle
    aka Michou

Maz
    Keymaster

@mkbeeliever wrote:

Hope today is becoming a I’m sure when we get results I’m going to need you all to help interpret!

Great job, Michelle! You are a strong woman and every Mom would be blessed to have a daughter like you. 🙂

We’re not going anywhere, so am sure you’ll have plenty of fellow patient interpretations of those results as/when. 😉

Best to your Mom!

mkbeeliever
    Participant

Hello all! Does anyone know how the results from Igenex are delivered? Do they call the doctor who signed off on the test, email, mail or call? Just curious…it’s about time we should have some results. Thanks everyone!

Keep my mom and family in your thoughts and prayers…our dog Simba died Monday morning. It’s been rough. Especially for my mom. He was her baby!

Michelle

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Oh Michelle – am so sorry to hear about Simba. It is very hard to lose a canine member of the family. My heart goes out to your mom and you all. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Patti D
    Participant

Oh Michelle,
    I am so sorry! Our furry friends are such a blessing to us . I share in her loss.

Patti

PetRescue
    Participant

Michelle-so sorry to hear about Simba. It’s hard to lose part of your family. We once had a mean old shelter cat named Simba who had bitten so many people, they were going to euthanize him. My husband and I brought him home and he loved my husband so much and never bit either of us. He was kind of grumpy though! My Simba’s keeping yours company!

The Igenex results will go to whoever signed off on the test. You’ll have to call that doc to get the results. You may also be able to call Igenex directly, but I’m not sure. After all, you paid for them.

~jen

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.