Home Forums General Discussion Brand name minocin

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    gordbentley
    Participant

Im starting to think it might be a good idea to try the brand name. maybe it will help clear up my knee flares that im getting. this flare is still not buggering off and i see my rheumy for the first time tomorrow. how much does the name brand cost? if anyone knows this answer ๐Ÿ™‚

gordbentley
    Participant

does anyone buy the brand name minocin from buylowdrugs? and is it effective? the reason im on this topic is cuz im running out of minocycline, need to set up my next drug deal lol. i keep hearing the brand name is more effective

Jeni
    Participant

Hi,
    I buy my Minocin from buylowdrugs and it runs me about $160.00 for 100 capsules that are 100mg. I couldn’t take the generic version because it killed my stomach. It usually takes 2-3 weeks for me to receive my order, so order early if you’re running out.

Jeni

Betty
    Participant

Hi, I have Kaiser and was told that Minocin costs over $2000 for a 100 day supply. I am shocked that Jeni can buy it for only $160 for 100 capsules. Does anyone know why this is so? Is the Minocin from buylowdrugs for reals?

Also, what is the major differences between the brand and generic? My doctor is refusing to prescribe Minocin. I was on Minocin for 3 years and stopped in 2007. My then doctor was willing to write the recommendation for Minocin but I am having a difficult time with my current doctor. Can anyone let me know the major differences so I can tell him?

Thanks,
    Betty

Jeni
    Participant

Hi Betty,

I just looked at my Mastercard bill and I was charged exactly $164.50 for 100, 100mg Minocin from buylowdrugs in Canada. My understanding is that Minocin is actually absorbed better than minocycline. The only reason I am taking Minocin is because the minocycline absolutely killed my stomach after taking it for three weeks. And yes, when I tried to get my Minocin here in Washington state, it was going to be something like $600.00 for a 30 day supply!!!! My insurance won’t cover it, so I buy Minocin from Canada.

Jeni

gordbentley
    Participant

so the minocin from buy low is the pelleted version jenni? and wuts the dif between the 160$ type and the 2000$ type? maybe an expert will come along lol

Jeni
    Participant

Yes, the Minocin is the real deal pelleted type. The reason that it’s cheaper is because they don’t charge such insane prices for drugs in Canada. Has to do with our crazy medical insurance here driving up prices. Insurance companies want to force us to use generics as much as possible. I agree with this as long as it works for the person. It is totally unfair to force someone into taking a drug that has negative side effects or doesn’t work as well for them. They make it incredibly hard for you to prove that you need the brand name drug. It’s so much easier just to buy drugs in Canada and avoid the whole issue with your insurance company.

jeni

gordbentley
    Participant

thank god i live in Canada. why the heck am I taking a generic. none of the drug stores near me carry the name brand so im prolly just gunna start getting them from buy low

Betty
    Participant

Thank you for your reply Jeni. My doctor agreed to prescribe Minocin, so I am waiting for the order to come in. I guess my surprise is that Minocin is now being manufactured by Triax whereas before when I was taking it several years ago, it was manufactured by Wyeth.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Gord;
    As far as I know you can get Stiefel brand minocin at any drug store.They just have to order it.Canada is going to generics just the same as they did in the U.S but brand name is available.When your doctor writes the new prescription it must say”DO NOT SUBSTITUTE” I did very badly on a generic that was in the exact same capsule because I did not look for the name on it and did not realise the drug store had changed from brand to generic.I unwittingly used the generic for 6 months and my SD was coming back to haunt me.Stiefel makes a pelleted time release that takes 4 hours to be absorbed AND a powdered one that takes 2 hours.The powdered worked just fine for me.
    Lynne

gordbentley
    Participant

thanx ๐Ÿ™‚

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Betty,
    I also buy my Minocin from buylowdrugs in Canada and my price is only 164.50 for 100 pills. When I bought them in the States I paid200 Dollars for 30 pills. My insurance paid the rest. Now that I am on Medicare I have to get them from Canada because Medicare doesn’t allow brand name Minocin. I also can not take the generic brand. I have my doctor mark brand name only and Stiefel
    Eva ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Eva Holloway

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.