Home Forums General Discussion Boy, Do I Need encouragement

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    gordbentley
    Participant

As a young man myself (23 yrs old) I feel the situation your son is dealing with. but I can promise him for the most part i beleive this approach is the best path. i too was stuck in depression and i thought my life was over, you just gotta fight past the bad moments and think positively. a positive attitude i am convinced is as important or even more so as the minocycline. when ever i find myself in the dumps my pain goes on the rise, so I just see the positive and know that tomorrow will be a brighter day so to speak. My heart goes out to you and your son, at our age it is not the time to be dealing with such a thing. if he feels he wants to talk to someone around his own age whos dealing with the same condition he can email me any time at I hope your son turns around quick!

motherbear
    Participant

Hi gordbentley,

It was so good to hear from you but at the same time I am so sorry you are going through the same thing.
    You are right about having positive mental attitude and for the most part we are both good with that.
    I think the depression that comes along with this is worse than the disease. It affects everything as you said
    and you have to rise above it to be able to move forward.
    I will speak to my son about getting in contact you and give him your E mail but I will have to be honest , he is in such a bad place at this time and he doesn’t want the word AS or how are you? mentioned at the moment so it may well fall on deaf ears
    for now.
    I am sure in a few days he will be in a better frame of mind.
    It is lovely of you to help and I am always happy to talk so if you ever need to talk to someone just pm me and
    I will be there.
    You take great care of yourself. AP does work even though there may well be blips along the way.
    Caroline.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.