Home Forums General Discussion Boron and Germanuim, Do they benefit RA?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    2011Rio
    Participant

Hi,

I came across some info on Boron and also on Germanium, saying that they are a great benefit to stopping RA. I need to do some more searching, but I was wondering if any of you have heard about this and could share some information on either of them?

Thanks,
    Tricia

Diagnosed w/RA 2011
    Diagnosed w/Lyme, Ehrlichia, babesia, bartonella, ebv Feb 2016
    metronidazole 500mg 1tab,3x a day M-F:
    doxicycline 100mg 1tab 2x a day; Alliultra 360mg 2x a day;
    Larrea; burbur; GSF 400mg 1tab 2x a day ; multi vit; b12 lozenge;
    vit c 2000mg daily; Actemra 10/2015-present (may come off since
    lyme diagnoses) Plaquenil 200mg 2x a day; Prednisone 4.5mg
    (weaning off); Baclofen 10mg bedtime; Bentyl 10mg as needed;
    fexodinadine 180mg daily; armour thyroid 45mg daily; omeprazole 40mg d

Trudi
    Participant

@2011Rio wrote:

I was wondering if any of you have heard about this and could share some information on either of them?

Hi Tricia–
    On the General Discussion page, type boron or borax in the search box. You will come up with a lot of information. I am not familiar with Germanium.
    Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Maz
    Keymaster

@2011Rio wrote:

I came across some info on Boron and also on Germanium, saying that they are a great benefit to stopping RA. I need to do some more searching, but I was wondering if any of you have heard about this and could share some information on either of them?

Hi Tricia,

I’ve been using OxyPowder as a colon cleanser off and on for a while now. It contains germanium-132 (22mg per cap), which supposedly has a number of health benefits:

http://www.oxypowder.com/germanium-132-studies.html

I can’t say it’s done anything to slow or stop my RA in the past, unfortunately, though this may well be something that is very well dose-related.

According to the link above, one has to be careful what type of germanium is used, because germanium-132 is not the same thing as..:

“…elemental Germanium

2011Rio
    Participant

Hi Trudi,

Thanks for the reminder. I found stuff on boron but not on germanium.

Hi Maz,

Thank you for the info. I will look into that further and let you know what I find out about which one it is talking about. Also the book I was reading about it in had the name of the Dr. that used it for treating RA and I will let you know his name also.

Blessings,
    Tricia

Diagnosed w/RA 2011
    Diagnosed w/Lyme, Ehrlichia, babesia, bartonella, ebv Feb 2016
    metronidazole 500mg 1tab,3x a day M-F:
    doxicycline 100mg 1tab 2x a day; Alliultra 360mg 2x a day;
    Larrea; burbur; GSF 400mg 1tab 2x a day ; multi vit; b12 lozenge;
    vit c 2000mg daily; Actemra 10/2015-present (may come off since
    lyme diagnoses) Plaquenil 200mg 2x a day; Prednisone 4.5mg
    (weaning off); Baclofen 10mg bedtime; Bentyl 10mg as needed;
    fexodinadine 180mg daily; armour thyroid 45mg daily; omeprazole 40mg d

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.