Home Forums General Discussion BioResource 2011 Conference

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Trudi
    Participant

Some interesting information:

The main speakers at the event were Wayne Anderson ND, Joe Burrascano MD, Ann Corson MD, Steven Harris MD, Richard Horowitz MD, and Byron White (herbalist). The event had a slight focus on products offered by BioResource as they were the host of the event, but many other options were discussed and I don’t think this limited the speakers in any way.

What follows are a few of the key points that I noted during the various presentations. This is not intended to represent all of the content presented at the event but rather a subset of the information that I found of interest. I’ve broken the comments down by presenter below in the order that they originally presented.

http://betterhealthguy.com/joomla/blog/238-bioresource-2011-conference

Under Dr. Harris’ key points was this:

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

nspiker
    Participant

Trudi,

I love BioResources products. The article you posted is fabulous, and a good recap from betterhealthyguy. I attended a lyme conference here in San Diego last year, and these same doctors presented. I fell in love with Dr. C. (don’t know if we can use her name)! If I could see any LLMD in the country, she would be my first choice. She utilizes both antibiotic and homeopathic remedies to treat chronic disease. After her presentation, she was besieged by people huddled around her asking questions. She also has some informative teleconferences posted on the BioResources website.

I loved this statement,

“You are what the animal you eat eats.”

Makes you think about being a vegetarian ๐Ÿ˜‰ !

Hope you do well on the Quina. How’s the borax treatment and are you continuing to see results?
    nancy

Maz
    Keymaster

Trudi, nice find and thanks for sharing. It’s always great to have these reminders and to also hear the new discoveries of clinical practitioners who are “in the know” and learning “on the job” what works and what doesn’t.

These were conference takeaways that seem to get discussed frequently here, I thought, and worth a second glance. Interesting that Dr. Brown also believed IVs were an important first step in boosting the therapy:

Krys
    Participant

Trudi, it is truly fabulous! I wish I could have a consult with Dr. C!!!
    *Dr.C. has a systematic approach which starts with the cleanup of the GALT (Gut Associated Lymphoid Tissue), removing food allergens, restoring leaky gut and healthy diet.
    *Looks at various markers of autoimmunity such as anti-cardiolipin antibodies which point to the andothelium, anti-gliadin antibodies which point to the gut and anti-myelin basic protein antibodies which point to the nervous system.
    *When a person has shortness of breath going up stairs but can walk long distances without being short of breath, VIP (Vasoactive intestinal peptide) could be a factor….
    *KPU is an issue; as many as 80% of patients with Lyme may be affected.
    *”The patient is only as healthy as their fluid flows.”
    *It is important to remember that removing stored toxins leads to inflammation as the toxins move out of the body.

And many, many more. Every single line of notes is precious.
    Thank you very much!!! Warm wishes, Krys

Trudi
    Participant

@nspiker wrote:

I loved this statement,

“You are what the animal you eat eats.”

Makes you think about being a vegetarian ๐Ÿ˜‰ !

Hope you do well on the Quina. How’s the borax treatment and are you continuing to see results?

Hi Nancy–
    The Quina definitely is stirring things up. When I started the borax, I noticed my shoulders hurting more. Adding the Quina, my shoulders woke me up quite a bit last night :(. Way before knowing anything about Lyme, I had a bout with my right shoulder where I couldn’t even undress the pain was so great. Looks to me like something is being cleaned out.

About 20 years ago, I saw an ENT for another problem but also showed him a pinched/crease in my right nostril (everything that happens seems to be on my right side; the tick bite was in my groin area on the right side)–the ENT said that comes from a bacterial infection and gave me an antibacterial cream, but it didn’t do anything. Anyway, I’ve had it for all these years. Since starting the borax, I’ve noticed the area smoothing out. I’m guessing the borax is doing something internally with bacteria. I am herxing, which is to be expected if there is die off. However, I’ve been able to do leg raises, which I haven’t been able to do for quite some time, although my right side, especially the hip gives me a lot of grief. Nonetheless, small improvements. My results on the borax treatment have not been as grand as Nora’s, but I also haven’t been nearly as good with my diet as she has. Going wheat free didn’t seem to help although it does seem to be a player in my symptoms. I also succomb to sweets–not a smart thing to do– ๐Ÿ™„

It was interesting to see where everyone’s focus was as to the highlights. So many variables–no wonder it is such a difficult disease to conquer.

Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

nspiker
    Participant

@Trudi wrote:

My results on the borax treatment have not been as grand as Nora’s, but I also haven’t been nearly as good with my diet as she has. Going wheat free didn’t seem to help although it does seem to be a player in my symptoms. I also succomb to sweets–not a smart thing to do– ๐Ÿ™„

The borax treatment may take you longer to treat, since you had these chronic infections for a while. Hopefully, you will continue to improve and regain your mobility. Sure sounds like you are making progress; slow but steady ๐Ÿ˜‰ .

I agree that this illness varies greatly with each individual. I am definitely not the poster child for going gluten-free or following a strict lyme diet. We all have some kind of vice, and I like my wheat and occasional sweets, and am not the best at watching what I eat ๐Ÿ™„ .
    nancy

Trudi
    Participant

@nspiker wrote:

I am definitely not the poster child for going gluten-free or following a strict lyme diet. We all have some kind of vice, and I like my wheat and occasional sweets, and am not the best at watching what I eat ๐Ÿ™„ .

Hi Nancy–
    It looks like I am in good company!! ๐Ÿ˜€

I also agree that since I have had this for a very long time, it will take longer to get rid of it. After my first dose of minocycline back in April ’08, I felt absolutely wonderful. My ND and I knew then that we were going in the right direction. I was taking 100 mg bid per day. Things kept on working well until I decided to switch to MWF to induce die off. From then on things went down hill and I haven’t stopped herxing. I do believe my bacterial load was humongous (courtesy also of some steroid use) and in the past my antibiotic dosing was too high resulting in how awful I felt. Slow & steady does win the race :).

BTW, have you ever heard about muscle imbalance? That was mentioned on earthclinic.com. I’m sure that could be part of my pain problem; I haven’t walked decently for a long time. I may need to see a chiropractor; in articles I read on it, they say that osteopaths are helpful, too.

Take care,
    Trudi

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Trudi,
    I must have the same walking problem then you have, sometimes I look like I had one too many. I am surprised I have not been stopped by the police, if they watch me walking LOL ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ™„
    Eva ๐Ÿ˜€

Eva Holloway

louris
    Participant

Fantastic stuff. Thank you.

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Thank you Trudi, great stuff. Hope you doing better. I am only doing the Cal-Mag with Boron, the Borax is too much at this time.
    Eva ๐Ÿ™‚

Eva Holloway

Trudi
    Participant

Hi Eva–

I thought that taking the boron in both the supplement and the borax drink would be too much. Even though boron is “natural”, too much can be toxic.

How long have you been on the boron supplement? Did you notice improvement after you started?

Take care,
    Trudi

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Trudi,
    after I read the article I figured I have been taking enough Boron and decided not to take the Borax. I took it for about two weeks but only once each week. May hands started peel like crazy but no pain or swelling. I just wonder if it did help. I may take it again in a few month and just take a normal Cal-mag without the Boron. See if it will help my hands.
    Eva ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜†

Eva Holloway

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.