Home Forums General Discussion Big improvement finally on Minocycline

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hi Everyone,
    Well, it goes to show that we should never give up hope. I was starting to but the minocycline is finally working. I very slowly over about a three-week period of time weaned off of prednisone and it was very painful, even though it was only 5 mg I was weaning from. I didn’t wean off of it because I was feeling better — I just did it because I felt that it was time to. I figured I’d never know if the Minocycline was working if I was masking it. But knock on wood these past six days I haven’t needed anything at all for pain and it seems that each day I feel a little bit better (even much better than when I was taking the pred). Only medication I’m on now is 50 mg of minocycline 3x/week. May eventually up it very slowly if needed. But this progress and pain level I can handle. Would love to be in full remission, of course, and for the first time in years I feel that it is on its way. By the way, if you can do yoga, it really helps. Right away. It’s not easy to do when joints hurt, but it’s the only thing I’ve found that helps as much as and even more than pain medication. And I’ve been doing tons of mental work. Every day, even if I was in a lot of pain, I’d wake up and say “I feel great, thank you! Thank you for my perfect health, thank you for my healing.” Kind of makes your brain want to explode at first, but eventually it helps. Sure feels a lot better than complaining.

Thanks for letting me share!
    Katie

Anonymous
    Participant

@katebo wrote:

Hi Everyone,
    if you can do yoga, it really helps. Right away. It’s not easy to do when joints hurt, but it’s the only thing I’ve found that helps as much as and even more than pain medication. And I’ve been doing tons of mental work. Every day, even if I was in a lot of pain, I’d wake up and say “I feel great, thank you! Thank you for my perfect health, thank you for my healing.” Kind of makes your brain want to explode at first, but eventually it helps. Sure feels a lot better than complaining.

Katie

Hi Katebo

I’m really happy to read that you’re better 🙂

Also I will have to take minocycline 50 for stomach problems.

you take minocycline on an empty stomach or with food?

@katebo wrote:

And I’ve been doing tons of mental work. Every day, even if I was in a lot of pain, I’d wake up and say “I feel great, thank you! Thank you for my perfect health, thank you for my healing.” Kind of makes your brain want to explode at first, but eventually it helps. Sure feels a lot better than complaining.

😈 very good

is very difficult to do but it helps …. :ugeek:

do you know energy medicine and eft?

love

Anonymous
    Participant

I’ve been taking it on an empty stomach in the mornings and hour before eating. Haven’t seen any negative side effects. EFT — is that tapping? Tried that but didn’t work. I always notice a big relief the few times I’ve tried reiki or massage, though. Should make it a regular thing.

Anonymous
    Participant

@katebo wrote:

I’ve been taking it on an empty stomach in the mornings and hour before eating. Haven’t seen any negative side effects. EFT — is that tapping? Tried that but didn’t work. I always notice a big relief the few times I’ve tried reiki or massage, though. Should make it a regular thing.

Yes EFT is tapping …look this routine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q8tzxM_wgw

JohnnyMax
    Participant

@katebo wrote:

Hi Everyone,
    Well, it goes to show that we should never give up hope. I was starting to but the minocycline is finally working. I very slowly over about a three-week period of time weaned off of prednisone and it was very painful, even though it was only 5 mg I was weaning from. I didn’t wean off of it because I was feeling better — I just did it because I felt that it was time to. I figured I’d never know if the Minocycline was working if I was masking it. But knock on wood these past six days I haven’t needed anything at all for pain and it seems that each day I feel a little bit better (even much better than when I was taking the pred). Only medication I’m on now is 50 mg of minocycline 3x/week. May eventually up it very slowly if needed. But this progress and pain level I can handle. Would love to be in full remission, of course, and for the first time in years I feel that it is on its way. By the way, if you can do yoga, it really helps. Right away. It’s not easy to do when joints hurt, but it’s the only thing I’ve found that helps as much as and even more than pain medication. And I’ve been doing tons of mental work. Every day, even if I was in a lot of pain, I’d wake up and say “I feel great, thank you! Thank you for my perfect health, thank you for my healing.” Kind of makes your brain want to explode at first, but eventually it helps. Sure feels a lot better than complaining.

Katie

I

I am so very glad you have turned the corner in your fight. No one ever knows when that will happen, usually just when you think it is not working, “BAM” it does. Only goes to show you to never stop trying for then you will certainly fail. Hope this continues to full remission!

John

Anonymous
    Participant

Thanks, John, I’m still doing great, a little bit better each day. You’re right — I wanted to give up earlier but I’m glad I didn’t.

gratefulgirl
    Participant

Hi Katebo, loved your post & positive outlook! So glad that you stayed on the path with your AP. I took a break from it thinking that I had RA whipped with other alternative therapies but came to the realization that I was wrong. Have been back on Minocycline for two weeks now and am feeling much improved.

I read below about Reiki being a help and I must say that it is a huge help for me. I meditate and do about 40 minutes of self healing Reiki each am. Upon waking I take 100 mg Minocycline with a huge glass of water, start the Reiki and the rest of my am routine. Then breakfast is about two hours later. So far I’ve not had stomach issues :). I’m doing the 100 mg Minocycline M,W,F with break on the w/e.

I’ve noticed considerable improvement in the past two days — no nodules or soft bumps on my feet & ankles. Still have stiffness after sitting for long periods, though. I’ve not taken any NSAIDs since February — no need so yay. LDN — low dose Naltraxone every pm, Magenesium Taurate as needed, Zapper/ electricity are all a part of my regimen. The biggest aid has been Nyloxin gel & spray, which I’ll pose in a new post.

I wish you continued success and remission! GG

2011Rio
    Participant

Hi Katebo,
    Great to hear you are doing good and making progress. I have been questioning lately if I will ever get to the point that I will feel normal again and do normal things. So, your post was encouraging. I am currently tappering off prednisone .25mg every 4 to 5 days and I’m at 8 1/2 mg a day right now and at the same time I have slowly been increasing antibiotic. (Which I know is not recommended) I am wondering if I should just tapper off prednisone until off completely and then work on increasing antibiotic, sounds like it is working out for you that way.
    P.S. I haven’t changed my sig. but I have had to switch to doxicycline from mino. Mino just makes me feel very sick, like dying sick..lol.
    Hope you progress continues!!
    Rio

Diagnosed w/RA 2011
    Diagnosed w/Lyme, Ehrlichia, babesia, bartonella, ebv Feb 2016
    metronidazole 500mg 1tab,3x a day M-F:
    doxicycline 100mg 1tab 2x a day; Alliultra 360mg 2x a day;
    Larrea; burbur; GSF 400mg 1tab 2x a day ; multi vit; b12 lozenge;
    vit c 2000mg daily; Actemra 10/2015-present (may come off since
    lyme diagnoses) Plaquenil 200mg 2x a day; Prednisone 4.5mg
    (weaning off); Baclofen 10mg bedtime; Bentyl 10mg as needed;
    fexodinadine 180mg daily; armour thyroid 45mg daily; omeprazole 40mg d

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.