Home Forums General Discussion Best detox protocol?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    janiner
    Participant

I am herxing, weaning off Humira, while on Minocycline (100 mg MWF). A helpful member said to detox during this phase. If you have gone through this and have a successful detox plan, please share! All help is greatly appreciated.

mariemcminn
    Participant

@janiner wrote:

I am herxing, weaning off Humira, while on Minocycline (100 mg MWF). A helpful member said to detox during this phase. If you have gone through this and have a successful detox plan, please share! All help is greatly appreciated.

What works best for me is to eat a mostly raw diet (80% raw fruits and vegetables, nuts, and seeds) lean, organic chicken or turkey, wild-caught fish, tons of fresh water, and additional whole-food supplements, like Vitamineral Green. I strictly avoid coffee or caffeine (except green tea), alcohol, sugar, and anything processed, including white flour and white rice. Brown rice is okay, as is quinoa. The only fat I use is coconut oil or olive oil, and maybe a bit of organic butter. I also either go to a sauna or lay in the sun for 30 minutes a day with no sunscreen (I live in Florida), and take the epsom/peroxide soaks when needed. For additional detoxing, I will once a week do a Vitamin C flush, which really drives the inflammation down while getting rid of toxins. For the Vitamin C flush, I use a good-quality L-Ascorbic Vitamin C that is buffered, and take 1/2 tsp. every half hour until bowel tolerance, which for me, is about 17 grams. But everyone is different, and the amount will depend on how much inflammation is going on in your body. BeyondHealth.com sells an exceptional product, but I’m sure there are others. These guidelines are pretty much in line with what this site says in the article, “Treating the Jarisch-Herxheimer(JH) Flare Reaction” at https://www.roadback.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=education.display&display_id=124.

Best wishes to your health!

Marie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.