Home Forums General Discussion Benicar for inflammation?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    DMW
    Participant

I had such a severe herx to 25 mg of Minocyline, my LLND is thinking about having me try Benicar. I have herx reactions to supplements, abx, herbals,etc. Anyone else gone this route?

I have tried for Lyme…minocycline, Cowden protocol, and cannabutter. I’ve had a herx with Folinic acid, magnesium, moducare, xylitol, apple cider vinegar, TADS (adrenal support), activated charcoal, LDN, herbal made by my LLND and a 50 billion probiotic. I have been clinically diagnosed with Bartonella and mycoplasma. My Lyme testing was inconclusive-band 41 was double starred and I had about 4 indefnite…but I was also on cannabutter at the time (a natural antibiotic). I have high reverse T3 and low T

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Yes,I use it instead of an Ace and it is great.
    http://mpkb.org/home/protocol/olmesartan

SJJ
    Participant

How often do you use it Lynne G.SD? is it just for flares or a regular part of your schedule?

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

I tried several Aces and they dropped my already low BP to a dizzying low and I could barely function.That is when my doc suggested an ARB.She had read about MP and figured that olmesartan was worth trying.During the first week the BP did drop a bit but not as much as with the Aces.After a couple weeks it leveled off and remained just a tad below my normal BP.The trick with this med is to keep a relatively constant dose in the blood so there are no spikes.I am an early riser so I take 20mg at 6am,20 at noon,20 at 18:00 and 20 at midnight
    When I started I had no idea it was also a goo9d antiinflamatory that helped tremendously with the pain.Years later I am still on it just in case SD hits again and I am aging to the point where a higher BP is normal

SJJ
    Participant

I too have very low BP so this is quite useful info for me LynneG.SD! thanks for sharing. Can you share why you started using/wanted to use an ACE inhibitor in the first place?

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

When you have SD,kidney failure is the #1 killer and you can go into kidney failure in just a few days.The first thing my very good rheumy did was to tall me to get a BP cuff and monitor it morning and night and to always,always take a BP lowering drug which will usually prevent this from happening.IF BP spikes for more than 2 days I was to go to the ER immediately.
    I am sure Richie will say the same

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.