Home Forums General Discussion Beaking News for SD?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Randy
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I was surprised no one else posted this. It is the first time since I came down with SD in Apr ’07 that I have seen the Scleroderma Foundation specify “Breaking News”. Any thoughts from anyone?

Randy

http://www.scleroderma.org/media/Press_%20Releases/2012/fibrosis-news.shtm?utm_source=special+edition+-+May+30+2012&utm_campaign=Breaking+News+Research&utm_medium=email

Diffuse SD since Apr '07
    AP since Feb '08
    100mg Mino twice daily
    Stopped Clindamycin IVs Aug 2019
    "No one should profit over someone else's illness"

cavalier
    Participant

Hi Randy – i had not seen this new release – many thanks for posting this. i certainly hope for all this is going to be helpful.
    I cant help but wonder if this E4 peptide mentioned in the link IF this could be what the 19 doc’s in this country are using from Oxford England in being similar or the same as this E4 they call theirs (Oxford’s) as DR peptide.
    There is also another name used as being a antifibrotic peptide that is called CSD being used in trials already for SD- this is some add’l info on this –
    http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/acrmeeting/ … d…Cached

Normal Monocyte and Fibrocyte Behavior in Scleroderma Is Restored by Caveolin-1 Scaffolding Domain (CSD) Peptide: Implications for Treating Scleroderma …

So I dont know if there are actually 3 peptides that are showing promise or less than 3 if you follow. Am supposed to start my peptide injection this coming Thurs for SD from Oxford I had to wait for the Plaquenil to clear my system 1st. A older lady had SD did this peptide injection once she finished the injections has been into remission now for 2 yr’s on lab tests but will have to see … am hitting this hard from all angles that make sense as this disease was snowballing out of control- am hitting it hard if i can – using Hyperbaric oxygen therapy as well as AP too. Jill SD

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.