Home Forums General Discussion Bartonella

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BG
    Participant

Has anyone on this board experienced Bartonella related infections?

Were you able to successfully treat it?

Barb

BG
    Participant

To clarify, I know what’s recommended but I want to know what has actually worked.

Thanks,

Barb

BG
    Participant

I have searched the topic “bartonella” so I know many of you have been diagnosed with it or have suspected you have it, and I know what the recommended treatments are, but I have not found any evidence of successful treatment, that is to say treatment that results in resolution of bartonella related symptoms.

Has anyone successfully treated bartonella?

Research articles claim it’s curable with up to a three month course of certain antibiotics. Has that been the experience of anyone on this board?

kerry23
    Participant

I was on Levaquin for 5 months and I seem to be getting bartonella symptoms back. It’s hard to say because I have yeast overgrowth, lyme, and scleroderma so I don’t know what is doing what. I can tell you one thing: I went to doc yesterday and he put me on new regimen of Biaxin and plaquenil with an antifungal for yeast. Anyway, he said biaxin is good for bartonella, autoimmune disorders and lyme. I don’t know too much on symptoms of bart except sore feet which I have and they have been worse the last 2 months. I am so glad he changed my regimen, awaiting IV Rocephin, but if this works, I will cancel IV
    Good luck just don’t forget to take a good probiotic while on antibiotics especially levaquin, that’s how I got it. I was on probiotic but it was not strong enough. I received a script for VSL#3 double strength, it is a powder and I put it in yogurt.
    Kerry

BG
    Participant

Kerry,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I am definitely going to try to obtain a prescription for Biaxin, plan to look into VSL#3 too.

I hope your treatment is successful and you’re able to avoid the IV Rocephin.

Barb

kerry23
    Participant

I have not tried the IV yet but will ask my doctor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.