Home Forums General Discussion Bad report from Dr Appointment

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    APbeliever
    Participant

Thanks folks for all your help. I knew I could always count on you for support. Eva dear, I am glad you are doing so great on LDN. I can't wait to try on LDN although my attempts so far in getting a prescription for this drug have been unsucessful :crying:

betsyr
    Participant

AP Believer,

I just picked up on this thread and was curious about the liver pains you experienced on Doxy. I have been on Tetracycline 250 mg M/W/F for 3 months now and notice about 6 weeks into it that when I tried to increase my dosage to 2x daily I started experiencing a pain on my right side just below my rib cage that felt like inflammation or possibly a sore/tender muscle. My doctor ordered a CT scan of liver/gall bladder and abdominal areas but the scan didn't show anything unusual.

I am wondering if this pain might have been caused by the Tetracycline. I didn't have as much pain on the lower dosage so after two weeks at the higher dose I went back to the once daily M/W/F regimin but now I have the pain ALL the time.

I am planning on doing a liver/gall bladder flush this evening for the first time (using the olive oil and epsom salt recipe) because I thought maybe I have an increased number of gall stones causing the pain.  I also feel like my thyroid has slowed down or something which has caused me to gain some weight rather quickly w/out my diet having changed.

Any thoughts on what might be causing these pains and weight gain since you have some experience w/ liver issues? Doctors can't figure out the reason for the pain and I'm getting a little frustrated having tests ordered that probably aren't necessary!

Thanks

Betsyr

Parisa
    Participant

Betsyr,

My husband has taken milk thistle and NAC for over three years now to help protect his liver and he was on some really heavy duty antibiotics. 

betsyr
    Participant

Thanks Parisa, I did just start taking Milk Thistle a few weeks ago but have never heard of NAC? What is that?

APbeliever
    Participant

betsy, have your doctor do an ultrasound on your liver gall bladder area. I believe you might have a fatty liver due to tetracycline use. My CTs were always clear but ultrasound picked up fatty liver due to ultrasound being more sensitive in picking up these kinds of issues. That was my problem exactly in the area you described. I found some articles in medical journals also about people getting fatty liver in just four days of using tetracycline drugs. There was one interesting case of a 4 year old boy who died of fatty liver when he was given tetracycline. Doxy, Minocycline are all from Tetracycline family. Know your body what it likes and dislikes. We are all different and we all have different side effects with different drugs. What works with one person is not necessarily going to work with another.

APbeliever
    Participant

Click on this link for NAC.

http://www.nutros.com/nsr-02025.html 

betsyr
    Participant

APBeliever,

Thanks you for the information and link on NAC. I think I have seen L-Cycteine in the supplement section of the grocery stores. I will try and get some soon.

One other question, if I have developed a “fatty liver” then will I no longer be able to be treated with the antibiotic protocol since it seems all the abx used to treat are in the family that causes this problem? I don't want to have to stop altogether and go to conventional treatment of methatrexate and steroids 🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘ Bad report from Dr Appointment’ is closed to new replies.