Home Forums General Discussion Back on mino

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Jeni
    Participant

Hi Eva,

I feel really dumb here—- but what is minoxin? I thought that there was basically minocycline which comes in brand name, actual original formula, and generic, that is slightly different chemically.

My prescription says minocycline on the bottle. I paid $85.00 for 100, 50mg tabs from Buy Low Drugs in Canada. My insurance would have charged me something like $550.00 for the same stuff! They REALLY want you to use generics!

Thanks!

Jeni

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Jeni,

mine says Minoxin and I get it from the Medicine Shoppe in Canada. The capsules have pellets in them and it says so on the bottle. I know I can not get the brand name so I have to get it from Canada. Medicare does not pay for brand name:(

Eva:(

Eva Holloway

Jeni
    Participant

Thanks Eva!

Insurance just makes me so mad sometimes! I guess it's all about money to them…sigh…

Take care!

Jeni

Davit
    Participant

Eva and Jeni

Eva please look at your bottle again. Minocin is the name of the medication I use. It is Lederle's. It is not generic. It is of the antibiotic class Minocyclin. I get it in 50 mg capsuls. There are probably different names for Minocyclin depending on who makes it. They are both on the internet if you want to look them up. I hope this helps. I pay around a dollar apiece plus the dispensing fee. Around $50.00 for 40.

Davit.

Eva Holloway
    Participant

But Davit, you are in Canada and we are in the US, so they charge us more, just not as much as the pharmacies here in the US. I used to pay 150 Dollars for 30 days brand name here, that was before we had to go on Medicare, so paying 165 Dollars for 100 brand name pills is a big difference.

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘ Back on mino’ is closed to new replies.