Home Forums General Discussion Back from LLMD…anyone had a port?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kash
    Participant

Just got back from my LLMD and he was very pleased that my energy level is up. I have been on bicillin shots for five weeks and the difference from before to now in my energy is incredible. I still have other symptoms: neurologic issues are the worst and then the drenches still come and go. But at least I don’t sleep all day in between my naps. I still do love a nap though…

As the neurologic issues are most prevalent and bothersome, he talked about a picc or a port, as it seems oral meds are not being absorbed. I have the Leiden V blood issue to throw into the mix too. In all my surgeries I have always had a problem with IV lines. Usually have to move it around to another place each day…..my veins are yucky.

So……anyone had a port and any comments? He also ordered a nebulizer for me to use, it is supposed to help the bugs get out of my system.
    Thanks…..
    Barb

rebeccaavazian
    Participant

Hi Barb,
    I have a picc line and have had it for 2 years and 3months. But having a port, i heard from my nurse and friends on the board here, is alot easier than having a picc. Having a picc u cannot get wet, for instance my picc is on my inner right bicep area so i have to (waterproof)cover it with every shower and i cannot swim and try not to sweat because its close to my arm pit, but it is covered by a clear bandage but still that is not waterproof.I heard with the picc line u can do anything. Hope this helps.
    xoxox
    Rebecca

Kim
    Participant

Hi Rebecca,

Are you going to just leave us hanging? How are you doing??????? 😉

Take care…..kim

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.