Home Forums General Discussion Azithromycin / Zithromax and RA

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Pauyen
    Participant

I was first informed about chlamydia and its effects (cause) on reactive arthritis during a visit to a sexual health centre earlier this year, where I was informed that a client's reactive arthritis cleared up once the chlamydia was successfully treated.

I took 2 Azithromycin that day (chlamydia's treatment, as I was suspected of having it, because my partner had it). Had some bad stomach pain on the day, but the next morning my horrible jaw stiffness and pain was completely gone and I thought maybe my RA was in fact reactive arthritis and dared to hope that Id be fine from then on…I wasnt and the chlamydia tests came back negative the following week and as the weeks went on the jaw pain/stiffness slowly came back.

Point is, it did have a great effect taken as a one off, this does suggest to me that it would be good for me to take it in conjunction with Mino.

What are your experiences with it? And how much do you take?

(I rang up the clinic today and found out that it was 2X Azithromycin 500mg made by Pfizer that I was given.)

Cheers

Paul

judy cash
    Participant

Paul,

You might want to check out this web site, it has a lot of info on cpn.   cpnhelp.org

Best of Luck,

Judy

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Paul – you may want to have a look at this thread: http://www.rbfbb.org/view_topic.php?id=3524&forum_id=1&highlight=chlamydia+pneumoniae

Also, if you type 'Chlamydia' into the search box above and 'ReA'/reactive arthritis – alot of past discussion on these will come up. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Pauyen
    Participant

Thanks guys…

So much information :shock:, hard to take in :S I dont know how you guys do it. I find it so hard to concentrate on things, often just have to relax and flake out on mindless TV.

Paul

So from my initial gathering… I may have been diagnosed incorrectly, lol. I was diagnosed first to have the spinal athritis, then RA by another rhemy, but it maybe ReA lol. I dont know whether to laugh, cry or be so angry because Arthritis as a whole and similar diseases havent had the billions of dollars of research (in Antibiotic treatment) which it obviously deserves.

Overall, what other 'non curable' diseases have had similar treatments overlooked by the 'all knowing' mainstream medicine. Makes me sick just thinking about it and very very sad, that such a large group of people put greed before peoples health and wellbeing.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Paul – I really think you are onto something re relaxing. That is a very important component to healing. Lynnie

P.S. Also, some of us have been dealing with these issues for a long time. In my case it's 23 years – 7 of those knowing about and using AP. That's quite a while to absorb info:D. Try not to rush things. AP is not a quick fix, rather a slow road to greater wellbeing.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

carries
    Participant

Hi! I also want to throw zithromax into my mix of mino and I was wondering what is the typically regime for that…is it once a week?? Every 10 days?? Then on that day I take zithromax do I take mino??? I am goin to try this regime but I need a little help on how to add it into the mix of things.

I have been experiencing tremoundous jaw pain….I can barely eat! My lost 6lbs already. My brother is a PT so he was able to work on my jaw last night and release some of the knots that were in my jaw….but after reading your posting on zithro makes me think maybe I need to add this to my mix as well.

PhilC
    Participant

[user=1508]carries[/user] wrote:

Hi! I also want to throw zithromax into my mix of mino and I was wondering what is the typically regime for that…is it once a week?? Every 10 days?? Then on that day I take zithromax do I take mino??? I am goin to try this regime but I need a little help on how to add it into the mix of things.

Hi Carrie,

According to the Wheldon protocol, one would take 250 mg of azithromycin on MWF.

See:
    http://www.cpnhelp.org/treatment_protocols

If you're taking mino every day then you just keep doing that. If a person is doing pulsed mino or doxy, it might be a good idea to take the mino (or doxy) and azithromycin on different days. That way the “bugs” are getting hit with an antibiotic almost every day. For a more definitive answer, I recommend consulting a physician.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Pauyen
    Participant

Thanks Lyn, I know your right.

[user=1508]carries[/user] wrote:

I have been experiencing tremoundous jaw pain….I can barely eat! My lost 6lbs already. My brother is a PT so he was able to work on my jaw last night and release some of the knots that were in my jaw….but after reading your posting on zithro makes me think maybe I need to add this to my mix as well.

I also ate ALOT less when my jaw pain/stiffness was horrific, its currently manageable, but still makes eating a displeasure (and still dont eat much).

Fortunately Ive found myself a really good chiropractor this year and he's done some good work on my jaw (however painful treatment). But it just doesnt compare to that Azithromycin I took that day, just smashed it.

I really hope you find the right combination for yourself, happy hunting.

Paul

wildschild
    Participant

Hi,

My GP started me out alternating mino MWF and Azithromycin  TF. On my  Azithromycin days my stomach does not feel so great after taking them but it seems to be getting better so maybe I am getting use to it.   I have had RA for 25 years just started this AP second week in September.  This is new to me and my GP.  I have been bad the month of October on and off.  Not sure if it is Herxing or just normal flares from the different treatment.  Was on bios before (stopped taking in May).  I will let you know how it goes.  I have had some gradual improvement but every time I say that the next day is bad…..so never mind…heehee. I had a good energy  day Saturday, I went shopping and my feet did not hurt as bad as they usually do, so yeah! 

Nancy

Pauyen
    Participant

Hi Nancy,

Just wondering how much Mino and Azithromycin your currently taking?

Paul

wildschild
    Participant

Hi Paul,
    I take 1-100 mg of MIno twice a day Mon, Wed adn Fri then I take 2 -250 mg each of Azithromycin twice a day on Tues and Thurs.
    Nancy 🙂

carries
    Participant

Hi nancy are you in remission with this combo?

Maz
    Keymaster

Carrie, just caught your message about zith to me and resonded in the “six month now” thread started by ksteele. 😉

MINOCINMAN
    Participant

I am thinking about contacting Dr S and asking him to add a 2nd abx such as Azithromycin for Sd. Anyone do this for SD and result? I have concern at this point that other bacteria may be resistant to Minocycline, Generic Watson. I am getting better, but was thinking that this may acelerate process. See no point in waiting a year or even 6 moths to see how much better I get and then find myself having to treat another say 6mos toyear to fully knock this out? Please advise if others have tried strategy and result.

Thanks

@wildschild wrote:

Hi,

My GP started me out alternating

marinastarbucks
    Participant

this Azithromycin stuff is really interesting. I caught a cold back in August or september and took my first “z-pack.” I swear I never felt so good after I took that stuff. hmmmmm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.