Home Forums General Discussion Azithro herx

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    monmar
    Participant

Dr.F started me on 500mg Azithromycin M,T,TH,F. I think im herxing…help! How long can a herx last? It seems as though all my joints are a lot more tender to touch and pain is noticeably greater. I’m going into my 4th week on Monday since starting it.

Spiffy1

Yikes, I know the weekend can be kind of quiet around here. I know someone will chime in that knows more about this. My thoughts are with you!

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Luck20
    Participant

I took that antibiotic with others and I think I herxed for 3-4 weeks in the form of a mild fever off and on with hot and cold spells. I was in pain, pretty out of it and miserable. Not sure if that was herxing, of just the stage of the disease. I did 4 days on, 10 off. Not sure if that makes a difference…

Your Dr sounds most impressive from the website! I’d love to know what he says.

Originally +Ana May 2018 (now negative Jan 2019), scleroderma or uctd, Morphea (now mostly gone!), Myositis ( better now) Probable Lyme w/coinfections, had Bartonella marks that disappeared,
    Mild reflux, mostly gone,mild ild, skin hardening (continued softening and some parts normal again) Impaired liver function, now normal after 1 year and CK, LDH all normal again, 14 mo after starting ap.

Minocin m-f 2x, antibiotic rotation, ldn 4.5, cellcept 3000, probiotics, Monolaurens, Olive leaf extract, fish

monmar
    Participant

How has the antibiotic worked for you? Are you still taking it? I have noticed that i seem to be very hot randomly and then also get cold chills. I’m hoping after this 4th week things will be on the up and up. Yea he definitely has the experience so i’m assuming he knows what hes doing with putting me on this treatment! Though he did say, he wasnt sure how aggressive he will have to be with antibiotics. I guess we’ll see!

Luck20
    Participant

I’ve been getting much better! Its a huge difference since where I was last summer. Theres no doubt in my mind I made the right choices for meds. Not sure how much longer on Azith, but I plan to stay on mino for life. I’m just waiting for skin fibrosis to finish breaking down and regain some energy. My body has been through a lot in one year so its good to give it rest to rebuild.

I remember feeling weak and disoriented when I felt feverish. Not like a true flu but very strange for me. I took it as a good sign. I’m not sure how long herxing lasts but if its bareable, its worth it. Hang in there.

Originally +Ana May 2018 (now negative Jan 2019), scleroderma or uctd, Morphea (now mostly gone!), Myositis ( better now) Probable Lyme w/coinfections, had Bartonella marks that disappeared,
    Mild reflux, mostly gone,mild ild, skin hardening (continued softening and some parts normal again) Impaired liver function, now normal after 1 year and CK, LDH all normal again, 14 mo after starting ap.

Minocin m-f 2x, antibiotic rotation, ldn 4.5, cellcept 3000, probiotics, Monolaurens, Olive leaf extract, fish

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.