Home Forums General Discussion Autologous Stem Cell Therapy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sammi
    Participant

Has anyone here tried autologous stem cell therapy?

The clinic I contacted said they have had successful responses treating psoriatic arthritis, although they find they need to use higher doses for this than for other forms of arthritis. Hmmm.

Thanks in advance
    Sam

richie
    Participant

Higher doses of what –your own cells ????? Clarify please- this type of treatment holds much promise in treating many diseases –
    richie

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Sam;
    Go to the Scleroderma Foundations bulletin board called “Inspire”and use the “find it” at the top of the page and type in Stem Cell Therapy There are quite a few there who have done it and are doing fairly well but definetely not as well as I did just with Mino.Burt is the top doctor doing this procedure.There are quite a few posts about this on their site.The problem as I see it is that if this is a disease caused by some sort of bug,the disease will likely come back in time if the immune system is not strong enough to fight.Most of these people did or still are taking immuno suppressants so God only knows what will happen
    Lynne

laurawm
    Participant

I had adult stem cell therapy for my RA last spring. I believe it is helping, though it is difficult to assess exactly how much, as I continue other treatments. For me, it was something I really wanted to try before moving on to other options. I was very sick when I received the stem cell treatment. I would say I am more than sixty percent better from that point – but as I said, I have continued with other treatments and a very strict diet. PM me if you have any specific questions. I don’t mind talking about it, but I do not want to detract from the focus of antibiotic treatment that is the purpose of this forum.

Best always,
    Laura

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.