Home Forums General Discussion Astaxanthin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mkay
    Participant

Hi everyone-

I just ordered NSI Natural Astaxanthin Featuring Hawaiian BioAstin — 4 mg from vitacost. My questions are has anyone tried this brand? Another question is when starting this do you have to build up the dose or can you up it right off the bat? Last but not least what kind of success have you had with this, inflammation wise? Thanks and I hope everyone is doing well! 🙂

mkay
    Participant

Ok the more I’am reading a few doctors are saying that this compares to Celebrex in reducing inflammation! I’m also confused when it talks about Krill oil…anyone know anything about this?!

Joe RA
    Participant

Hi: All, Search, (Astaxanthin) and you will find it is many things and all of them lead to $$$$$$$$$$$ making with very little benefit for the end-users. Please these are just my thoughts! ,the best to all Joe…

vera
    Participant

I’ve been using the BioAstin brand of astaxanthin for about 2 months now. If you go to this site: http://dearpharmacist.com/?p=149 Suzy Cohen, a registered pharmacist, gives some information on astaxanthin which helped convince me to try it. I ordered the Swanson brand of astaxanthin to try as well. I opened a capsule of both brands, and found the Swanson brand very fishy smelling – whether that’s good or bad, I don’t know. Am sticking with BioAstin, as they do not use soy, and I think they were the original brand. As far as perceived benefit, yes, I think it’s helping somewhat, but it’s still early. Hoping it’s doing something good inside me 🙂

Lori

mkay
    Participant

How much are you taking daily Vera? Thank you for your reply 🙂

vera
    Participant

Hi Mkay,

I started with one 4mg capsule a day, and slowly increased to 12-16 mgs/day (which is 3-4 of the 4 mg softgels). I take 2 with breakfast, and 1 or 2 with lunch. Dr. Mercola recommends that much if you have a health problem.

Lori (Vera)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.