Home Forums General Discussion Assistance Needed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Cangirl
    Participant

Hello,
    It’s been a while since I have posted for some help! Seems that I have run into a bit of a bad patch on this wonderful road!
    I have been on Minocin (same brand), 200mg MWF, for 5 years and have had great success until the last couple of months. These past months I have been having flares that have not ceased, traveling from one area to another but always in my fingers and now am unable to close my left hand. I also take 200mg of plaquenil daily (which was reduced from 400mg over a year ago). I am very careful with my diet and in fact have tightened it up even more since these flares would not subside!
    I do not have a rheumatologist who is very supportive of the AP, but did allow me to use it after my repeated requests to do so and I know that she would only be too happy to put me on one of her “cocktails” when I see her! I would like to avoid the harsher medicines but may not have a choice as I do not want to prolong these flares until they start causing damage!
    Any suggestions or experiences that others have had similar to this, that would help me turn this around, would be appreciated immensely!

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi cangirl,

If you have a copy of The New Arthritis Breakthrough, go to page 295 to read about how Dr. Brown was able to control a flare Carol Lange experienced after a couple decades of treatment. One of RBF’s directors recently caught up with Carol and she is now in her late 70s and has been in solid remission for years now and was even able to stop her AP! If you don’t have a copy if the book, I’d be happy to try to summarize the treatment she received for you.

Have you had any labs drawn recently for inflam and disease markers?

Cangirl
    Participant

Hi Maz,

I definitely have a copy of the book! I am not home at the moment but will be back in a couple of days and will look!
    My labs were done mid June and RF,cortisol and CRP were elevated. I thought at the time that it was just a minor flare and that hormones were also having an effect as I am peri menopausal as well, but unfortunately it has persisted!
    I will look up Carol’s story and see what Dr. brown did! I hope that I am able to do it fairly independently as my rheumatologist won’t go for anything more than her cocktails! She has told me more than once
    in the past!
    Thank you for your response!

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

Since you are not on the full dose of minocycline, increasing your dose may help. I have communicated with several people who were in a similar situation as yourself. They consulted Dr. S. in Iowa (an experienced AP doctor), and he told them to increase their dose of minocycline to 100 mg twice a day, every day.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.