Home Forums General Discussion AP for Systemic Scleroderma

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    SherryP
    Participant

Thans you Lynnie! He was taking PPI’s for awhile but has been off of them for about 2 months I think. His GERD has greatly improved with the implementation of 80 billion probiotics. I have not heard of iron water before……..do you buy it at a health food store?

Sherry

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Sherry – I’m not sure about OTC availability in the U.S. My Dad lives in the UK and he can get it at Boots, one of the chain pharmacies. I think this is the one and available through amazon

Your husband should check with his Doctor, of course, as to how much iron supplementation he requires. It’s just that my Dad had nausea problems when taking tabs/caps which is why he has switched to this form as a gentler option

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Maz
    Keymaster

Can any of you who have had success with the AP tell me how to deal with the debilitating fatigue? My husband has the symptoms of systemic but his blood work was negative for scleroderma although positive for autoimmune disease. He has been on Minocycline as well as Doxycycline since June of 15 and is doing a lot better overall but the fatigue is just overwhelming! He is also low on iron so he is taking an iron supplement as well as using a B12 patch. Any help would be appreciated. Some days he feels normal others he can barely get out of bed.

Sherry

Hi Sherry,

The constellation of signs/symptoms you’ve shared – fatigue, low stomach acid, iron and B12 deficiency has made me wonder if your hubby may have hypothyroidism. Has he been tested (TSH, Free T3, Free T4 and thyroid autoantibodies)?

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/absorption-issues/

I have read that approx 70% of rheumatic patients suffer from overt and sub-clinical hypothyroidism. Correcting thyroid deficiency can go a long way to correcting these deficiencies caused often by low stomach acid (hence absorption issues) due to hypothyroidism.

Interestingly, low stomach acid can result in reflux, too, because of slowed stomach emptying as food does not exit the stomach as quickly as it might. This can also be exacerbated with stomach sphincter inadequacy due to SD.

Just a thought and perhaps you have already looked into all this?

SherryP
    Participant

His thyroid levels on his most recent blood test were within normal limits, in fact all was good except for the iron. He does have the slow motility issues that go with the SD but it has gotten a bit better since starting the abx therapy.

Thanks for the link Lynnie.

Sherry

Maz
    Keymaster

The only way I could eliminate my yeast problem was by taking Flagyl,1 tablet daily for 5 days on and five days off for a month.

Hi Lynne,

Did you mean Diflucan (aka fluconazole) instead of Flagyl (metronidazole)?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.