Home Forums General Discussion AP One Year In

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Cangirl
    Participant

Hello Everyone,
    Just wanted to post some encouragement for those in the beginning stages of this wonderful protocol and to convey my heart felt appreciation to each and every one of those very dedicated people who have, and continue to help me and others through this process!
    It is my one year anniversary using minocin and I am having profound success with the protocol!
    The first 6-7 months were very scary and I had many times where I questioned if I was improving. I was unable to do so many simple, everyday movements without pain. I read and re-read the New Arthritis Breakthrough and referred to this forum daily with the many stories and experiences of those here, past and present. I had my many questions answered through the forum, as well as personally, to encourage me onward. Patience is what I had to keep reminding myself to practice and many times that was one of the most difficult obstacles to deal with!
    Then one day I noticed no pain in my feet while walking at work. Then as the days and weeks passed I began to feel little improvements doing things that I was unable to do just months before. All those small noticeable changes started growing into bigger positive improvements. I have had many milestone improvements in the past couple of months, one of the biggest was when I was at work. I work in an elementary school and I am one of the primary first aid responders for any emergencies. One day just last month, a child had fallen outside on the school yard, unable to get up and had a possible head injury. I was notified to respond and I happened to be at the opposite side of the building. Without thinking, I ran down two hallways, down two flights of stairs and out across the school yard and immediately squatted down beside the student (who recovered from his injury). This may sound like a typical response for first aid but I couldn’t physically do any of these things just 6 months ago. I could barely walk down stairs, let alone run! I absolutely amazed myself and although I had been improving well up this point, I didn’t realize just how well!
    For those that are just starting AP or waiting to see changes, please know that this protocol does work! Patience, patience, patience is needed! There are many “bumpy rides” along this road but it does get better! We are all different and respond at different rates.
    I continue to improve as I am not at the end of my journey yet! I have days where a couple of joints are stiff, but I am pain free and can once again do almost everything that I did prior to the onset of my RA! I walk, I am back to the gym 3-4 days a week, working on regaining the muscle that I lost, have been enjoying some gardening, now that Spring has arrived and I look forward to so much more!
    I owe so much to The Roadback and the many wonderful people that support those of us on this journey! One of my first contacts and support came through a phone call that I made at the invitation of this wonderful lady. Thank you will never be enough for your guidance when I was so scared and had so many questions. I have emailed so many of you and have gained invaluable information and so much knowledge through your own experiences and wisdom. Thank you to all of you!
    I hope that I can pay it forward and be of some help to others with RA in their time of doubt and uncertainty!

Sincerely,
    Kelee

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Kelee – how lovely to “see” you back and with such an uplifting progress report! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€
    Thanks for doing this, it gives such hope and encouragement to those starting out.

Of course, we’d love to have your story for our testimonials whenever you are ready (and the journey doesn’t have to have ended for that – they can always be updated). As posts slip down the board pretty quickly, it’s great to have stories in one place where people can always find them.

Anyway, if and when you’re ready, just send to testimonial@roadback.org

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Maz
    Keymaster

Kelee, that is absolutely AWESOME news! Thanks so much for your update and it will no doubt inspire others here who are just starting out. And, I second Lynnie that when you’re ready, it would be great to have your testimonial to add to the main site. Keep on doing what you’re doing – it’s working well! ๐Ÿ™‚

Woods1977
    Participant

Hi Kelee,

I seem to recall writing you last year through email; I

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.