Home Forums General Discussion AP for Psoriatic Arthritis

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    yoho
    Participant

Hello,

I am very new to this forum. I am suffering from Psoriatic Arthritis mostly in my hands. Does anyone tell me if AP has helped them. Thanks in advance.
    Yohannes

DragonSlayer
    Participant

Hello, Yohannes:

I have never heard of a PsA diagnosis based upon such a limited presentation. More information might be helpful, but I will provide my own opinions as a non-medical professional: Nail-pitting or striations, pustular or scaly patches somewhere on body, in addition to arthritic symptoms absolutely must be present for such a diagnosis, I would believe. And also my own opinion encompasses more than one agent provocateur–two common gut germs that can be reduced with the help of 1) starch-restrictive diet (Mercola site or Carol Sinclair IBS book) and 2) antibiotics. The antibiotics that target the germ that causes the arthritic symptoms might not control the psoriatic aspect as well, but YES–AP has worked for PsAs.

HEALTH,
    John

Anonymous
    Participant

HI yoho

I have Psoriatic Arthritis and I’m trying to treat me with antibiotics 🙁

@DragonSlayer
    :

“one agent provocateur–two common gut germs “

what do you mean?

vera
    Participant

Hi Yohannes,

I have PsA and have been doing AP since 2010 (Minocin). I have made quite a bit of improvement compared to 4 years ago. This is not a quick fix, and it is exactly what this forum says – one step forward two steps back (or something to that effect!). I do the non-starch diet that DragonSlayer recommends. And I take many different supplements – much of which I learned by searching on this board.

I wish you the best of success as you start your journey!

Lori

sunny22
    Participant

Hi yoho,
    Two years ago my rheumy dxd me with psa. He based it just on my hands (nails more specifically). I had no patches but he said some ppl wont get the patches, just the nails, and joint issues in hands/ feet. And of course, it could present with patches and other areas of joint pain (spine, etc.). My dx then changed to diffuse sd. But it seems to me that ap therapy should work for psa too. Why not, it’s a Rheumatic disease. Good luck to you on your road to recovery. You have found a great support group here at Roadback, they make the road back much easier 🙂 Sunny

yohan
    Participant

Thank you all for your comments

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.