Home Forums General Discussion AP Doctor in Colorado? Lyme doctor in Georgia?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lakes
    Participant

Happy New Year!

It’s been quite awhile since I’ve had time to talk to my Roadback friends, and hope you are all well and in good health.

I’m a successful APer, and am trying to find a doctor for my sister with severe RA. I received a list from you about a year ago, but she wanted to first try a doctor covered by her insurance. (She already spends SO much on her enbrel and lots of other expensive meds). Her first doctor refused, then he retired. She had high hopes for her next doctor with Kaiser since minocycline is actually on the list of prescribed RA medications, but he said “it doesn’t work” and flatly refused to prescribe antibiotics. How frustrating!!

So, now she has totally had it with with all the pain and expensive meds and wants to find a doctor that will actually try to help HER and not just the pharmaceutical companies (don’t get me started!). May I please have the current list of AP doctors in Colorado? She lives in the Boulder, Lafayette, Louisville area but is probably willing to travel a little.

While I’m on the topic, will you please also send me a list of Lyme doctors in Georgia or in that general area? My SD has improved drastically on Minocin, but (as predicted by my SD friends) it is now time to attack the Lyme.

Thanks so much, in advance, for your help. I thank Roadback for my good health today, and will be forever grateful.

Maz
    Keymaster

@Lakes wrote:

May I please have the current list of AP doctors in Colorado? She lives in the Boulder, Lafayette, Louisville area but is probably willing to travel a little.

While I’m on the topic, will you please also send me a list of Lyme doctors in Georgia or in that general area? My SD has improved drastically on Minocin, but (as predicted by my SD friends) it is now time to attack the Lyme.

Hi Lakes,

Great to hear from you and to know you’ve been improving so well!

I’ve just sent you a PM with the full list of AP docs for CO for your sis.

Can you let me know how far you are able to travel for a LLMD? Unfortunately, the south isn’t too rich in terms of LLMDs and you’ll find the better ones the further up the east coast you go. There is also Dr. C in Missouri to whom some will travel from your neck of the woods.

A happy, healthy new year to you, too! 😀

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.