Home Forums General Discussion AP docs in New England

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JeffN
    Participant

I need to find a new rheumy due to Dr. Ts retirement and his replacements at BI from what I understand are not totally on board with AP so I am looking for other possibilities. I recently received a list, provided by RBF (thanks guys!), of AP docs in New England and was curious if anyone on the board is seeing; Dr H in Lichfield, Ct., Dr. S in Orange, CT., Dr. E in Northhampton, Ma., Dr. E in Framingham, Ma., Dr. L in West Boylston, Ma. or Dr. M in Concord, Ma. I am looking for some feed back on these Docs, if you are more comfortable PMing me with your reviews and thoughts that would be fine. I would be more interested in the Ma docs but Ct. is not all that far. Thanks.

JeffN
    Participant

No response so I will rephrase my question. Is anybody seeing an AP doc in New England?

Maz
    Keymaster

@JeffN wrote:

I need to find a new rheumy due to Dr. Ts retirement and his replacements at BI from what I understand are not totally on board with AP so I am looking for other possibilities. I recently received a list, provided by RBF (thanks guys!), of AP docs in New England and was curious if anyone on the board is seeing; Dr H in Lichfield, Ct., Dr. S in Orange, CT., Dr. E in Northhampton, Ma., Dr. E in Framingham, Ma., Dr. L in West Boylston, Ma. or Dr. M in Concord, Ma. I am looking for some feed back on these Docs, if you are more comfortable PMing me with your reviews and thoughts that would be fine. I would be more interested in the Ma docs but Ct. is not all that far. Thanks.

Hi Jeff,

I’m in CT and seeing a LLMD not mentioned above, which is why I didn’t respond. Just hoped someone else would see your post who is seeing one of these docs.

Unfortunately, none of the docs above are rheumies and all are integrative, which is a very different paradigm from the conventional rheumatology you’re used to with Dr. T. Also, none, except Dr. E in Northampton, take insurance, I believe. So, this may color your decision. If I was not seeing my LLMD, I would be going to see Dr. E, as he is very comprehensive, treats a lot of rheumatic patients and also offers IV therapy, if indicated for a patient.

The one thing I’d be sure to check, if you do decide to see Dr. E, is to be sure you only see him on return visits. I’ve had feedback from another patient that he was booked with Dr. E’s PA while the doc was on vacation and the PA was not very knowledgeable at all about AP, Dr. E’s plan for him or the complications of his case.

If you need an AP rheumy, then the nearest thing to Dr. T in the NE region is Dr. W. in NYC at the Hosp for Special Surgery. If you need his contact info, just let me know. 😉

I hope that helps a little…I’m just going by patient feedback, however, so do hope others will chime in with their personal experience of the above docs for you. Nothing beats hearing feedback from those who actually see these docs.

JeffN
    Participant

Thanks Maz – My new PCP said she will continue with the mino but wants me to have a rheumy. So I guess I either go to BI or go back to the rheumy I saw at MGH before I went to Dr. T. If I try one and and it does not go well perhaps I can sell the new PCP on Dr. E. he sounds good to me. But I probably should try traditional rheumy first. Your info is as usual very helpful – Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.