Home Forums General Discussion AP Doc in San Diego Ca

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    arbueno
    Participant

Hey friends,
    I am new to the site, and my mother is struggling with scleroderma related problems. She started with localized and is now having kidney/lung/heart problems. I am just now coming across the AP protocl for treatment and would like to ask if anyone knows of a doctor in the are using the protocol. This looks very promising and we would like to get her started on it soon, just need to find a doc.
    thanks

Lizz
    Participant

Hi Arbueno, I live in San Diego and went to Dr. F. in Riverside, a 2 hour drive. He has much success with sclero patients. I’m sure one of the great volunteers here will give you contact info. I wish your mom all the best in her recovery. Lizz

Kim
    Participant

@arbueno wrote:

Hey friends,
    I am new to the site, and my mother is struggling with scleroderma related problems. She started with localized and is now having kidney/lung/heart problems. I am just now coming across the AP protocl for treatment and would like to ask if anyone knows of a doctor in the are using the protocol. This looks very promising and we would like to get her started on it soon, just need to find a doc.
    thanks

Hi arbueno, and welcome to the Roadback forum. I am very sorry your mother is struggling with scleroderma and wish her all the best on the antibiotic protocol. AP has helped many, many people with Scleroderma, me included.

I’ve sent you the doctor’s list for California in a Private Message. Good luck to you both and let us know what we can do to help you.

Take care…..kim

hopefulmama
    Participant

Hi Arbueno,

I also recommend Dr. F in Riverside, CA which is not a very long drive from San Diego. He is a wonderful, compassionate doctor. I found him through this board when suffering from scleroderma-like symptoms and think very highly of his practice. That said, you may want to consider getting your mother tested for lyme disease… if you search this board you will see there is a very strong connection between babesia/borrelia bacterial infection (and mycoplasma) and scleroderma. I was a skeptic until I got my bloodwork done for borrelia, babesia, mycoplasma and bartonella and came up positive for 3 of the 4. I now see a LLMD based in Santee, CA and I would be happy to provide you that information as well if you are ever interested.

Best of luck and my sincere prayers for your mother’s speedy remission.
    Andrea

stwig
    Participant

Hi Arbueno,
    I live in San Diego and I am a patient of Dr. F and his associate Dr. L in Riverside. I see them for treatment of my RA, and have found them to be terrific, caring doctors. I highly recommend them, it is worth the 2 hour drive every few months to benefit from their expertise.

Starla

mschmidt
    Participant

Albuerno,

Welcome to Road Back. I, too, see Dr. F in Riverside, California, and have since March 2009. I live in Chicago and fly out to see him 3-4 times/year. I’ve had a lot of success with his treatment protocol, and think he and his staff are wonderful and compassionate. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions you may have. I’m almost fully recovered, and have reversed 95% of my symptoms/damage done from Scleroderma. I also early on discovered that Lyme Disease was in my mix, and decided to aggressively treat that along with the SD protocol. I know it’s a lot to think about upfront but, I’m sure glad I knew exactly what I was dealing with from the start–thanks to all the wonderful people on this site.

Best of luck to you and your mom.

Maria

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi wonderful daughter;
    Since you are new to all of this I wish to tell you that my SD is in full remission but Lyme is an other story and expect to be on multi meds for a few years with stinking herxes every time I rotate one of them.It is quite a ride.According to Med Lynx or Pub Med,can’t remember which, 68.9% of localized SD ers have Lyme.Better get over to http://www.igenex.com and do more reading
    Good luck and Michou will tell you that I just love kids like you. Lynne

mkbeeliever
    Participant

@Lynne G./SD wrote:

Hi wonderful daughter;
    Since you are new to all of this I wish to tell you that my SD is in full remission but Lyme is an other story and expect to be on multi meds for a few years with stinking herxes every time I rotate one of them.It is quite a ride.According to Med Lynx or Pub Med,can’t remember which, 68.9% of localized SD ers have Lyme.Better get over to http://www.igenex.com and do more reading
    Good luck and Michou will tell you that I just love kids like you. Lynne

And I love you Lynne!
    Albuerno,
    Welcome to the Road Back! I too am a daughter with a mom who has scleroderma. I pray you’ll see fast results once your mom gets on the antibiotics and finds a good AP doctor to help her. We’ve seen tremendous improvements! My mom was pretty much dying. She did suffer scleroderma renal failure and is on dialysis. Recently they did a 24 hr urine and she got 15 minutes knocked off her dialysis time. Slowly her kidneys are getting better. She no longer uses her oxygen (Pulmonary Hypertension) and her stomach issues and malabsorbtion is much better. If you’d like to read her story, it is published on the personal history forum. I’ve entitled it “Kathy’s Clown.” Also if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Michelle
    aka Michou

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.