Home Forums General Discussion AP and other drugs

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jltntl
    Participant

Can you take AP with Methetrexate and Salazipyrin? I want to start back again on the Minocycline but don’t want to stop the other just yet.

suera
    Participant

I’ve never heard of Salazipyrin but I took AP with methotrexate.
    suera

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

@jltntl wrote:

Can you take AP with Methetrexate and Salazipyrin? I want to start back again on the Minocycline but don’t want to stop the other just yet.

There is no apparent interaction between sulfasalazine (brand name Salazopyrin). http://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/minocycline-with-sulfasalazine-1636-0-2130-0.html. However, given that you are also taking mtx, you should check with your doctor about the combinations. Incidentally, sulfasalazine does have antiobiotic properties. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

jltntl
    Participant

Incidentally, sulfasalazine does have antiobiotic properties. Lynnie[/color][/quote]

Hi. Does that mean that the Sulfasalazine would do the same job as the Minocycline and kill off the mycoplasmas and the chlamydia pneumonaie?

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

@jltntl wrote:

Incidentally, sulfasalazine does have antiobiotic properties. Lynnie[/color]

Hi. Does that mean that the Sulfasalazine would do the same job as the Minocycline and kill off the mycoplasmas and the chlamydia pneumonaie?[/quote]

No not necessarily. It is a sulfa drug and is generally used as an anti-inflammatory (often in Crohns Disease and sometimes for RA in people who have not responded well to other drugs). I think its antibiotic proportion has not generally been recognised by the rheumatology world (surprise surprise!) and it is not generally used by AP docs in antibiotic protocols. If you believe that Chlamydia Pneumoniae is an issue for you, you may want to take a look at the specific site for abx treatment for this at http://www.cpnhelp.org – especially the combined antibiotic protocols (CAPs). They do suggest that LLMD’s (Lyme Literate Medical Doctors) can sometimes be a good option for people with chronic CPn. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

jltntl – I have just read your first entry in the Personal History section. It would appear that you live in Australia – is this right?
    If you would like to have a list of AP docs, I will be happy to send you the list for this country. I will Private Message you my email address and you can send me an email to which I’ll respond with the list attached. To retrieve your PM just look above where it will say 1 new message and click on that.

One other thing that came to mind from your description of the sudden onset, severe palindromic nature of your attacks and organ involvement is the possibility of Lyme disease. Yes it does exist here! You might also want to visit the aussie lyme site at http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/AussieLyme/. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

jltntl
    Participant

Hi Lynnie. I spoke to you a few months back by pm when I was really unwell. It’s funny you mention Lyme as reading around the site today prompted me to rethink about Lyme. There was a post that mentioned neck and jaw as possible Lyme symptoms. When I was dx 5 years ago with Hashimoto’s I looked at Lyme and surprise surprise I used to have the rash. I did go to 3 dermatologists about the rash in the 1980s and Lyme was never mentioned. In 2006 I did go and get tested for Australian Lyme but that was negative. However, I saw the news article and subsequent article a few months ago about the cameraman who died of Lyme and his Sydney wife who is a chemist who got a court order for him to be autopsied for Lyme and he was riddled with it but the other tests he had when he was alive were negative. Seems the test is not always conclusive. So I will speak to my doc about retesting. The guy I see is a Lyme doc. I did see that in 1986/7 that Lyme was found in Hexham – spitting distance from where I live. My problems began when I was waiting for the removalists to bring my furniture to a house I was about to move in to when I was eaten alive by fleas that were in the carpet. They all hatched with the vibration of me moving about the empty house. I see that fleas can also carry Lyme – as well as ticks. Within weeks of that incident, my eyesight deteriorated, I became depressed, my hair was falling out – and the rash appeared!!!! The rash was typical bullseye rash which grew and grew and grew until hit with a cortisone cream.
    I have all my blood tests and the R. australis IgG was <64 but it doesn't give a range and the comment says NEGATIVE. That was same test from the Palms Labs in 2006 that showed Mycoplasma Ab 40 and Clamydia IgG EIA and IgA EIA both POSITIVE.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

jltntl – strongly suggest you have a look at the aussie lyme site and also cpnhelp. Whether you have Lyme, co-infections and/or chronic chlamydia pneumoniae, antibiotic monotherapy wont be sufficient to do the job. You might want to PM me re who you are seeing and I may have a few alternatives to suggest – plus the aussie lyme site may also help with that. There are so few Lyme literate docs here because the medical establishment keep denying its presence. But it is – and there are a few research papers and one from the CSIRO in 1959 that prove otherwise. Really sounds like you may need some additional options.

There is also a new FDoundation that has been set up in honour of the cameraman you mentioned (Karl McManus). It has some heavyweight directors and the site has very good info on it – including how to be properly tested in Australia. http://www.karlmcmanuslyme.org/
    Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

jltntl
    Participant

Hi Lynnie. Thank you for the links to Karl McManus site and Aussie Lyme. Seems that I should probably be sending blood to USA for testing. I will look into that further and see how to do that.
    …Julia

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.