Home Forums General Discussion AP and Meds

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Patricia.Ann
    Participant

Hi everyone πŸ˜€

I have been taking Aknemin (pelleted capsules but not MR) for nearly three months now. No noticeable good effects whatsoever at the moment. I have been in a constant flare in almost every joint for a year and a half with symptoms for several years before πŸ™ I am not sure if there has been any herxing either – because I do get some days that are even worse than my usual painful days!!!! – and these could be confused with herxing.

I still have a way to go with detoxing and diet but I was wondering if I am taking the antibiotic at the right time? I think I am. I take my Lansoprazole (ppi stomach protector) at 7.30am on rising, then breakfast one hour later followed by prednisolone and morphine. THEN I wait two hours before taking my Aknemin and wait a further 13/4 – 2 hours before having lunch. I also take MSM/Vit C powder (when I remember) and that would be just before I eat my breakfast. I would hate to think I am rendering the antibiotic useless by taking it too near my steroids or MSM 😳 Is this okay??

I know it is very early days and I am not hoping for a miracle – YET – lol. Would just like some of your very wise advice.

Thank you!

Love Patricia x

Maz
    Keymaster

@Patricia.Ann wrote:

I still have a way to go with detoxing and diet but I was wondering if I am taking the antibiotic at the right time? I think I am. I take my Lansoprazole (ppi stomach protector) at 7.30am on rising, then breakfast one hour later followed by prednisolone and morphine. THEN I wait two hours before taking my Aknemin and wait a further 13/4 – 2 hours before having lunch. I also take MSM/Vit C powder (when I remember) and that would be just before I eat my breakfast. I would hate to think I am rendering the antibiotic useless by taking it too near my steroids or MSM 😳 Is this okay??

Hi Patricia,

What is your Aknemin dosing schedule? Are you on a good quality probiotic?

As long as a two-hour window is kept between abx and supps, you should be fine in this respect. My guess is that you are in the early worsening phase due to herxing and, with elevated liver auto-antibodies that detoxification will be of paramount import.

Patricia.Ann
    Participant

Hi Maz πŸ™‚

Thank you sooooo much for your swift reply πŸ˜€

I am taking Aknemin 100mg MWF. My probiotic is prescript assist x 1 every night before bed and I have just added PB8 for life x 2. I have also just bought KC Iodine (think it is also known as nascent iodine) because I read this is really good for systemic candida. Many years ago I was also diagnosed with antibiodies to my thyroid and have always felt sluggish in this respect so thought it would be a great supplement to take.

I always try to leave the two hour window with my antibiotics so I will now concentrate on detox and diet. I do drink plenty of fresh filtered water but know I can do more. Looking forward to the lemon/olive oil drink πŸ˜‰ The Alkaline Sisters site is absolutely brilliant for diet. One of the members posted about that a little while ago. Great recipes and pictures to match!!

I don’t go to see my Rheumatologist until February (was meant to be January but has been postponed). Do you think it would be beneficial to email Dr S before then if I don’t see any improvement over the next couple of months?

Thank you again Maz. You are such a support to us all. It is all a bit overwhelming at the beginning isn’t it? I am so very determined to keep going but it isn’t easy when you are poorly to concentrate. I am sure you know that feeling well from the beginning of your journey ….

Love Patricia x

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.