Home Forums General Discussion Anyone heard of, or using Borax for RA?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lrobertson
    Participant

Here is an bit of info from this webiste on boron.
    http://www.health-science-spirit.com/borax.htm

If you read the article, at the very bottom of the page are links to other articles on boron. I have to admit, it has my curiousity raised!

The Arthritis Cure of Rex Newnham

In the 1960’s Rex Newnham, Ph.D., D.O., N.D, developed arthritis. At that time he was a soil and plant scientist in Perth, Western Australia. Conventional drugs did not help, so he looked for the cause into the chemistry of plants. He realized that plants in that area were rather mineral deficient. Knowing that boron aids calcium metabolism in plants he decided to try it. He started taking 30 mg of borax a day, and in three weeks all pain, swelling and stiffness had disappeared.”

__________________________________________________________________________________

RBFV EDIT to remove large excerpt from this article. As per copyright law, author’s full permission must be granted in order to re-publish the work, though smaller excerpts may be copied, if adequately referenced and quoted. Please see forum guidelines, as follows, in this regard. Interested readers will be able to find the aforementioned section by scrolling down the article when clicking on the provided link.:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1

FORUM GUIDELINES:

4. Please do not post copyrighted materials. All sources of quoted information must be appropriately referenced

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Anonymous
    Participant

@lrobertson wrote:

He realized that plants in that area were rather mineral deficient. Knowing that boron aids calcium metabolism in plants he decided to try it. He started taking 30 mg of borax a day, and in three weeks all pain, swelling and stiffness had disappeared.”[/i]

That would mean arthritis was a simple calcium deficiency… which doesn’t seem to be the case. Could help other issues though…

Trudi
    Participant

If you type “borax” into the search box on the General Discussion page you will come up with quite a bit of information. I used borax for about a year and a half. I have other issues, but borax definitely helped with my Lyme. Here is the thread that introduced us to borax by a woman named Nora–

https://www.roadback.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6029&hilit=borax

Good luck,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

lrobertson
    Participant

OOpsss…..sorry, I did not see the copywrite on this article. It must be really really small print, or I am losing it, because I still don’t see it. anyhow, sorry if I violated copywrite laws. It was an accident!

Thanks for the past links. Very intersting, and I wonder if those on borax are still doing well. Wow! that would be awesome, and is my hope and prayer!

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

on reading the article, it appears that Dr Newnham’s arthritis was osteo although it then goes on to say that it is also effective with other forms. But I am always exceptionally wary of any material that simply states ‘he cured her arthritis in 2 weeks’ .
    That being said, my naturopath recommends a calcium supplement that has boron in it (it’s called Osteopatite).

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

A Friend
    Participant
    lrobertson wrote:
    Here is an bit of info from this webiste on boron.
    http://www.health-science-spirit.com/borax.htm

If you read the article, at the very bottom of the page are links to other articles on boron. I have to admit, it has my curiousity raised!

The Arthritis Cure of Rex Newnham

In the 1960’s Rex Newnham, Ph.D., D.O., N.D, developed arthritis. At that time he was a soil and plant scientist in Perth, Western Australia. Conventional drugs did not help, so he looked for the cause into the chemistry of plants. He realized that plants in that area were rather mineral deficient. Knowing that boron aids calcium metabolism in plants he decided to try it. He started taking 30 mg of borax a day, and in three weeks all pain, swelling and stiffness had disappeared.”
    [end of quote by L Robertson]

Hello L Robertson,

I’ve spent a good bit of time on http://www.arthritistrust.org over a number of years. They have a lot of really good articles, on many subjects. There is one on Boron and Arthritis that caught my attention several years ago. This is a link to a list of articles… and it has them listed in both pdf and html versions. http://arthritistrust.com/articles.htm Working with html seems easier for me.

If you click on the title, “Boron and Arthritis” you will probably appreciate it. A specific product was mentioned at the end of the article when it was written, but it is no longer available there. I looked high and low for a supplement with the same type boron and amount, and finally found it in a good brand and at a good price at my health store. The reason I missed it for a while was that the name of the product said: Cal/Mag Citrate, but did not have Boron on label, but is listed in ingredients and in the right amount. I’ve been taking it ever since.

Also, if you do a search in the window next to General Discussion, you might want to do a search using the words: “Vitamin C cartilage.” If you look at the Articles in the above link, and go down to the Vitamin C article, an orthopedic surgeon (Dr. Cathcart) has good information about Vitamin C and bones. He was so impressed with how Vitamin C helped his orthopedic patients, he left his practice and went into Vitamin C research. Vitamin C has been shown to help most everything in our bodies work better.

Good luck to you,
    AF

__________________________________________________________________________________

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.