Home Forums General Discussion Anyone familiar with minocin, Manufactured by Teofarma

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    ablegirl
    Participant

Hi, Everyone.

I have been reading all the posts on difficulties obtaining Minocin. Has anyone experience with Minocin manufactured by Teofarma. This is the brand I am taking, just wondered if anyone else is taking this. I am a bit concerned as to quality, etc.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

Are you in Italy? Teofarma is an Italian company.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

ablegirl
    Participant

sorry Phil for not replying sooner, yes Teofarma is italian from what I can gather by googling but there website is in italian. As I unfortunately do not speak Italian I cannot gather whether they are manufacturers or distributors of Minocin. I am not in Italy I am in the UK but a friend gets me the Minocin from Greece. He can walk into a chemist without prescription there. I am presuming it is reputable stuff but you never know until you investigate. Just thought I would post the question to see if anyone else is using it or had knowledge of Teofarma.

PhilC
    Participant

What do they look like, and is there anything written on them?

Phil

- Albert Einstein

Svetulka
    Participant

Yes, on the pellets it is written “Minocin 100” I also take these and have no idea if they are the real thing?

notabene
    Participant

Does anyone know whether you need a prescription in Italy or France? I assume you need a prescription in the UK.

Svetulka
    Participant

In Italy, you definately need prescription, but some pharmacies will give it to you without it:-)

Denyse
    Participant

@ablegirl wrote:

sorry Phil for not replying sooner, yes Teofarma is italian from what I can gather by googling but there website is in italian. As I unfortunately do not speak Italian I cannot gather whether they are manufacturers or distributors of Minocin. I am not in Italy I am in the UK but a friend gets me the Minocin from Greece. He can walk into a chemist without prescription there. I am presuming it is reputable stuff but you never know until you investigate. Just thought I would post the question to see if anyone else is using it or had knowledge of Teofarma.

How is the Teofarma working for you??

CANADIAN LIVING IN CANADA
    Diagnosis/ Diffuse Scleroderma since 05/2006
    Current Meds: Methotrexate, Minocin, Zantac, Rabeprozale, Zopiclone
    Current Supp: Nattokinase, Serrapeptase, COQ10, Milk Thistle, Folate,, B12, D3, Melissa, UP4 probiotics, N-A-C
    medical MJ
    Current Extras: FIR

Svetulka
    Participant

I have been on Minocin from Teofarma for exactly two months now and I have seen no improvement so far. I plan to continue taking it for another 4 months and then I will switch to some other medication, maybe doxycycline.

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi Svetulka,

Searching through the posts i find yours regarding the Minocin, manufactured by Teofarma Italy/Greece. This is the only Minocyclin i can find in Macedonia, so could you please tell me what was your experience with this one. Did you had success or you had to switch to different brand?

thanks,
    igor

richie
    Participant

Hi Teofarma produces Minocin under license from Wyeth now Pfizer for Spain Greece And Italy –from what I can find out this is the original pelleted product —-It is the correct product –
    richie

PhilC
    Participant

@richie wrote:

Teofarma produces Minocin under license from Wyeth now Pfizer for Spain Greece And Italy –from what I can find out this is the original pelleted product

Actually, I was surprised to learn that the Minocin by made by Teofarma apparently does not contain pellets.

See:
    https://www.roadback.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=69436#p69436

Phil

- Albert Einstein

richie
    Participant

Interesting –they use the name minocin and all minocin I thought was pelleted –guess not !!!
    richie

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Richie;
    Back in the day when Lederly was available I was on powdered minocin,not pelleted

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.