Home Forums General Discussion Anyone comment on LDN along with AP???

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

I have been taking 4.5mg of LDN since July and Minocin M-W-F for almost 3 months. I continue to wake up most nights between 3-5am and often will stay awake for an hour or two :(. This broken sleep is taking a toll. I have a feeling it is the LDN as I have skipped a night here and there and slept through. Anyone else have this experience? I know it is supposed to be a side effect of the LDN but I really thought it would pass by now. Also, I’m not sure the LDN makes much of a difference???

Anyone else relate or have any ideas??

Thank you,

Roberta

Krys
    Participant

Hi Roberta,
    You’ll find lots of info on LDN if you search the forum (press on General Discussion above this thread, then use the window “Search this forum”) and type in “LDN + antibiotics” (106 matches) and “LDN + abx” (92 matches), “LDN + AP” (1044 matches).
    A long LDN thread from about 1,5 years ago:
    viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8033&hilit=LDN+abx
    Warm wishes, Krys

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Roberta,

Have you ever tried a lower dose? A dose of 4.5 mg is actually too high if one goes by the latest info.

See: How LDN works

Also, people vary in their sensitivity to naltrexone, so your optimum dose could be much lower. Getting the dose right is important because, based on the info in the above link, if one’s dose is too high it is worse than not taking LDN at all. That may explain why LDN makes some people worse instead of better.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Anonymous
    Participant

Thank you Phil. This is really good to know. I am going to see if I can get a new prescription from my doctor and cut back to 3.0 and see if that makes a difference.

Also, thank you Krys for the link to the long LDN discussion. That was interesting.

jims
    Participant

Hi RobertaAngelina, when I took LDN I had it compounded into 1.5 mg caps. That gave me allot of flexibility, 1.5-3.0 or 4.5 nightly. I don’t know who is doing your compounding but Skips- (Skip Lenz) in Boca Raton Florida is very reasonable and knowledgeable in LDN if I am allowed to say that. I have no financial (or otherwise interest) in any way to his pharmacy. I went straight to 4.5 with only a few bad dreams for about a week. But I am fairly large-about 240 lbs. I took it for about a year with no gains that I could identify. I am thinking of it again however. jims

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Roberta,

Here is some more information that may be helpful:
    LDN Dose Timing
    Time of day dosing for LDN

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

EJ Kirksey
    Participant

Hi,
    I take 3mg of LDN every other night since August 2013. I had to switch to every other night because I was feeling drugged out each morning. I was also experiencing a fullness feeling in my head and had a few headaches on and off so Dr. K in Lufkin told me to take it every other night. This dose and every other night seems to help me. Each person and dosage is different. Some may be more sensitive to a higher dose and may have to start at a less dose. It did help me to sleep well. I would usually wake up once during the night and then go back to sleep. I’ve read where while taking LDN a person usually has two sleep cycles with waking up in between. The best time to take LDN is a couple of hours before bedtime. One should get a full nights sleep to feel benefits. Best of luck finding the right dosage etc. I feel that it has benefits for pain, helping one sleep and also neuropathy issues. I have slight neuropathy in my legs due to Diabetes 2 and inflammation.

dotsdaughter2
    Participant

I started on LDN about 4 months ago, started on 0.5 now at 1.5 worker well, if you get it compounded you can adjust the amt you need. R
    request LIQUID form.
    good luck

Anonymous
    Participant

I took it for 6 months with methotrexate…no response. Took a few months to get over the headache and sleep disruption.

Krys
    Participant

It did not work for me. I tried it twice and had to stop after 10 days and then after about 5 days.
    During the first try, I started sleeping really well but became so morose, I thought I would kill myself if that was going to continue. The second try produced deep exhaustion, depression and intense pains all over my body. It took a few months to improve. It is certainly not for me.
    Meyer’s cocktail produced similar negative results, but not as intense.
    I hope it works for you! For those for whom it works, it can be like pure magic.:D
    Warm wishes, Krys

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.