Home Forums General Discussion Any Lyme patients switching from high dose to low dose abx?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Trudi
    Participant

@prioris wrote:

Some other people pushed the methylation cycle theory. That promptly went into my waste basket. Massive failure on that too.

Really? Massive failure? I started treating my MTHFR mutation with active b vitamins and I have been off of pain meds for two months. Since 2003 I’ve needed to rely on pain meds. Discontinuing pain meds is HUGE for me. What brings you to your conclusion that the methylation cycle theory is of no worth?
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Prioris;
    I beg to differ.MP is not the same as CIR.My sister who had Lupus/MCTD/Lyme looks like she is totally cured and she was in worse shape that I.She has been off the protocol and all tests for the last 4 years are normal and she is living as well as when she was a teenager with all the energy to go with it.She had been sick for over 30 years.
    I had been on AP for 14 and each time I would stop antibiotics to try to give my body and gut a break the SD would come flying back.Doc now has me on CIR and am doing great.I thought I would have problems with Benicar as I already have low BP and it did lower it just a little but because I am on the run all the time it made no difference.After a few months became stable at just under my normal….and yes Vit D can be very inflametory as our diseases cause the disregulation…not the lack of D causing the disease

prioris
    Participant

I am not saying it has no worth. There may be applications like your situation. It has no worth when it comes to diseases where primary cause is chronic primary internal infections. The infections need to be addressed. If we are talking about non infectious conditions, it could be more useful thing to consider.

As far as methylation cycle website, i am talking about ME/CFIDS. They stopped publishing their statistics on who improved simply because it didn’t work and people got worse.

As far as MP, when an approach declares Vitamin D3 as inflammatory, it raises red flags. I think vitamin D3 alone is not good for the body. Vitamin D3 needs enough Vitamin K2 MK7, Vitamin A and some calcium to carry out it’s function in creating MGP. It is why supplementing with ONLY D3 may not help a lot of people or be negative.

The AP is probably the primary reason your sister got well. I have no problems with that. Same with you. Whatever approach one uses, it ultimately must also address the primary infection.

what is acronym CIR

m.
    Participant

Maz wrote:

Dr. Brown was aware that Lyme was a very different kettle of fish from mycoplasma and that the approach to treatment was very different from the low dose, intermittent protocols he employed to treat rheumatic patients for mycoplasma.

Maz, can you point us to any sources for this? If so, I’d like to pass it along to a friend.

Thank you!

Maz
    Keymaster

@m. wrote:

Maz wrote:

Dr. Brown was aware that Lyme was a very different kettle of fish from mycoplasma and that the approach to treatment was very different from the low dose, intermittent protocols he employed to treat rheumatic patients for mycoplasma.

Maz, can you point us to any sources for this? If so, I’d like to pass it along to a friend.

Thank you!

Hi m.,

Nice to see you! Yes, below is a quote from the book:

m.
    Participant

Thank you, Maz, good to see you too!

sylviaann
    Participant

Greetings everyone,

I am new to this forum and was referred to the Road Back foundation by my LLMD in NYC.
    I was formally diagnosed with tick borne disease in 2011 and had been ill for five years (saw over 20 docs in two states) before I self diagnosed and confirmed through an LLMD.

I initially took IV Zithro in 2012 (approximately 30 treatments over five months for Bart and Lyme), Samento drops and was transitioned to low dose Minocin in late 2012. I started at 50 mg of Minocin and worked up to 100 mg three days per week.

My LLMD stopped my Minocin approximately nine months ago since I had a history of severe systemic candida (prior to my starting all antibiotics).

My Lyme symptoms returned a few months ago and I had to put off retreating since I discovered I had hyperparathyroidism….translated high normal calcium levels which led to surgery to remove two benign adenomas/tumors last month. It can be caused by chronic fungal/mold infections.

I decided to resume taking minocin three weeks ago but may have messed up.
    My LLMD had prescribed 100 mg capsules (one per day- 3 days per week). I am so sensitive (and he knows this) that I decided to empty half the dose in another empty capsule and take it.

I experienced horrific herxing (horrible flu like symptoms). I never experienced herxing like this before. Yesterday, I repeated my dose and felt like a MAC truck hit me last night and today.

I have been detoxing with CSM, Burbur, Alka Selzer Gold, and charcoal. I had previously been detoxing with the Pekana basic doxification kit and also take voriconizole..and grapefruit seed extract.

I called the pharmacist and she advised me that there is no way of knowing how much active ingredient I transferred from the original capsule vs binder/inactive ingredient.

Now I realize that I need to get a new RX for a 50mg capsule to start.
    Has anyone else done something similar and experienced a horrific herx from transferring the capsule powder to another capsule?

Thank you for sharing your experience as I am so tred of not feeling well and going broke over trying to get proper treatment..and dealing with heavy metals, EBV, candida and methylation issues.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.