Home Forums General Discussion Any advice on increasing Minocen?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mariemcminn
    Participant

I’ve been on Minocen for almost four months 100 mg every other day. I’m considering increasing to 100 mg BID every other day. I don’t have a AP doc that can follow me, so would appreciate any comments or strategies that others have used. My last labs were normal except for RF and Anti-IGG antibodies. The CMP was normal; ESR was normal; and C-Reactive Protein was normal. Since starting Minocen, I’m noticing a lot of improvement (better sleep, no brain fog, minimal fatigue, and my knee swelling has improved drastically, from 4 months of swelling to every other week to now every three weeks for just a couple of days). However, my wrists (especially right) hurt all the time, especially when I rotate it (it hurts to hold a fork the “correct” way) and have actually gotten worse (maybe I should consider surgery?)

So my questions is: do I increase now or wait maybe another three months? And, at what rate to I increase the dose?

Any comments/strategies are welcome ❗

Marie

Joanne NJ
    Participant

Marie, I am no expert in dosing with Mino, but it sounds like you are on the right track with feeling better. I have experience with AP for over a year and your results 4 months in are similar to mine. AP therapy is a slow process and based on how you are feeling, I would not change at this point. I did AP under the direction of my primary doc (could not find any RA docs to agree to AP, 3 docs wanted to start on biologic meds ASAP. ) My primary doc agreed to help me on a dose based on my brother who has RA and is in remssion due to AP. This worked for me at a very slow pace, and my dose is in my signature line, very low mino with doxy on alternating days. My labs gradually went down, the same labs you mentioned, and I am feeling great. After 10 months,everything was normal, my primary doc was amazed, so my advice is to keep doing what you are doing, don’t increase yet. Give this treatment some more time, hope this helps 😀 -Joanne

mariemcminn
    Participant

Thank you Joanne. I had since read an article on this web site about increasing the dose, and it said not until at least six months. I want to hurry this up, but know that I can’t; I also know that it’s low and slow. I’m very happy with my progress!

gordbentley
    Participant

Do you have poor circulation in your wrists? i had poor circulation in my legs and this caused a decreased effect of the abx in my knees and ankles. Under a lot of conflicting reports as to wether magnesium is beneficial or harmful to the killing of bugs or lyme and considering i have not been diagnosed with lyme, but am now thinking its possible considering the fact that when i started the magnesium, circulation was restored fully within days and the mino is now doing its job in the legs just like it has in the rest of my body. furthermore it should be noted that if you use a computer regularly you should consider carpel tunnel syndrome maybe?? Im not sure why your wrists are acting up but im no expert i guess, just trying to broaden the thinking. its strange everything else is improving but the wrists are getting worse… maybe previous inflammation is preventing the mino from reaching its target?? i have heard shots of prednisone or plaquenil?? either one im not sure what they really are as i havnt taken them personally but dr brown used one of those to decrease inflammation in specific areas with a needle so the mino could reach the target. you may want to try that? I hope i helped 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.