Home Forums General Discussion Antibiotic Wash Out before IGENEX test? did any of you do this?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Conniel7777
    Participant

Hi All,

I will call my LLMD tomorrow and find out what if he wants me to do any type of anti-biotic washout before he draws my blood for the IGENEX Lyme & Co-infections testing… but I still want to know from all of you…

Did you do a washout? do you think it matters?

I would really prefer NOT to skip even ONE Mino pill, much less stop it for 10 days or more… and I know that no matter WHAT the bloodwork says, Lyme is a clinical diagnosis..

But I was still wondering……

Thanks! 

Trudi
    Participant

Hi Connie–

I didn't do a washout.

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

tbird2340
    Participant

[user=442]Trudi[/user] wrote:

Hi Connie–

I didn't do a washout.

Trudi

I didn't either. I sure hope it wasn't necessary!

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

In the Burrascano Guidelines, he recommends a 6 week abx washout with PCR tests because, even though highly specific, sensitivity is low. He doesnt mention this for the Western Blot. See page 8. Lynnie 
    http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Michele
    Participant

I didn't do a washout.

My current LLMD continues to do lyme tests while I'm on antibiotics, though it is through Quest labs.

Michele

nspiker
    Participant

Hi Connie,

I also did not do a washout – although I tested Igenex negative (hope that wasn't the cause).  You could always call Dr. H. at Igenex and ask what is preferred.  He takes calls Mondays and Tuesdays, if I remember correctly.

nancy

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Connie,

If you download the appropriate paperwork from the IGeneX web site, it says on there which tests require the antibiotic washout and which ones don't. I seem to recall that the PCR tests require it, but not the others.

If I were you, I would probably skip any tests that require a washout. If need be, you can always have them done later.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

nspiker
    Participant

Another thought…some LLMD's want to provoke the lyme bugs, and get them out of hiding.  I've heard of some who will actually want their patients on a two week regime of specific abx, prior to testing.

Lyn_x
    Participant

No washout.  Tested positive on 05-2010 Western blot IGG, IGM, AND PCR whole blood after being on Minocin/Doxycycline from 2007 and Plaquenil from 2009.

Thanks to Maz for encouraging the Lyme test and the switch to a LLMD (Dr. C, Mo). Thanks to the board and RBF for being here. 

Donna RA
    Participant

I didn't do a washout either.

Donna RA and Lyme

Conniel7777
    Participant

To All Who Replied:

A BIG THANK YOU..  I am glad I dont have to stop my Mino unless I get PCR testing again.

I appreciated everyones input!

Connie

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.