Home Forums General Discussion Anemia?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michele
    Participant

I have gotten conflicting information from 3 doctors on whether or not I have anemia. How do I know who to believe? I guess the anemia is from Babesia? Or is it the autoimmune monster? My ferritin levels are in the normal range, but on the very low end. Lyme doc and her assistants have wanted me on iron pills which I cannot tolerate. So, they want me to do IV Venefar and said I could do it with my local doc. My local doc looked at my ferritin levels and said they are fine. ❓ I need some input on what questions to ask and of whom! It’s a pretty big deal either way! My understanding is that extra iron is bad for the heart and feeds cancer. But, I’m tired and need 12 hours sleep to sort of feel rested and now I’m starting to bruise easily. But, that could be the fibrozyme to prevent blood clotting. I feel very under-informed on this topic even after doing multiple google searches.

Thanks for any input!

Michele

Krys
    Participant

Michele,
    I cannot help you in this respect. I’m sorry.
    But I thought that you may find it interesting to read the link provided by Lyndsaylee “Has Anyone Heard of This?” It mentions the connection of beneficial gut flora to iron absorption and to anemia.
    Warm wishes, Krys

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Michele
    You may find some wisdom on this from the cpnhelp site – specifically regarding B12. I have recently added sub-lingual B12 to my regime and I have noticed substantial difference in my overall energy levels. If you are ‘borderline’ low in iron, some of the info in this link about sub-lingual B12 (and the other pages to which this one contains links) may be useful.

http://www.cpnhelp.org/b_12_deficiency_in_cpn_in

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Michele
    Participant

Hi Krys and Lynnie,
    Thanks for the info. I actually take 3 different probiotics throughout the day. So “check” on that one. And I’m taking a lot of B supplements. Tonight I filled my medicine case for the week and was actually surprised by how much B varieties I take. But, the wisdom is well worth noting because I wasn’t taking the third B supp. It was the one with over 83,000 times the RDA of B 12. 😯 It is a liquid version that tastes nasty and I was relying on the capsules. This morning I began my green juice drink with spring greens, fresh garlic, fresh lemon, apple cider vinegar, b 12, stevia, tea and ice. Blend in vitamix and drink fresh. It is a great drink because of all the real food enzymes and it is alkalinizing. Detoxing the digestive system is very much a plus.

I still don’t know about the IV venofer. Has anyone had this? What is it like? I wonder if it will make me feel crummy for a while.

The Restasis has made my eyes bearable. Hopefully once we are not targeting those microbes I will be able to wean off that in the future. Well, tired brain writing now. Hope this makes sense. G’nite!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.