Home Forums General Discussion Advice on Lemon & Olive Oil Detox please…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Woods1977
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I feel like death- period. That said, it would probably be in my best interest to do some detoxing, but since I’m already feeling horrible I want to be careful about what I decide to do.

I was reading about the Lemon/Olive Oil detox- this might be good for me. My questions are as follows…

How often can I do this detox?
    Is it safe to do when I’m already feeling horrible?

If I move forward with the detox I need to be reasonably functional as I work full time. Any insight/experience you’ve had would be greatly appreciated.

I apologize in advance for all my whining- I sound like the people on those other RA sites that I complain about all the time. I’m usually good about making a joke out of my agony, but it hurts my head to think of somthing funny to say. πŸ˜•

Sincerely,
    Does it ever end?
    Woods

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Woods
    so sorry to hear you are in such pain. You can take the lemon and olive oil drink daily. The link below not only contains the recipe but the link to the original site and rationale as to how it works.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9319&p=68668&hilit=olive+oil#p68668

Many people here (AF and Maz included) have used coffee enemas and found exceptional relief from them. Below is a link to a discussion on these and this includes a link to the ‘how to’ also.
    viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8791&hilit=coffee+enema

Hope you find some relief soon.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Woods1977
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response Lynnie… I’ve got everything to make it, I’m going to have it now. 😎

**UPDATE**
    It’s funny how everyone failed to mention how horrible this tastes… haha. Regardless, bottoms up and best in health!

PhilC
    Participant

One of the best “detoxing” methods is one that is rarely discussed on here — swallowing capsules of activated charcoal.

Start with 2 grams (eight 250 mg capsules) of activated charcoal taken three times per day on an empty stomach (i.e., 2 hours after and 2 hours before a meal). Gradually increase this to 4 grams taken three times per day. Much more activated charcoal can be safely taken; up to 20 grams six time a day for nine months has been taken without any adverse side effects.

Ref.: http://www.cpnhelp.org/secondaryporphyria

Another thing that may be helpful is making sure that your blood glucose level doesn’t get too low. So you may want to try taking glucose tablets or drinking sports drinks like Gatorade.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Woods1977
    Participant

***UPDATE**
    Rumble in the Jungle…

Okay… so we’re all family here (to a degree), right? Don’t judge when you read my post.

I drank this thing and within 20 minutes I’m fairly certain that everything in my digestive track was cleared out- end of story. Not sure this was the intent? For whatever reason, it didn’t agree with my stomach. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not feeling sick to my stomach or anything, and I didn’t get diarrhea- but, well you get the picture. I hope to get the full benefit of this from a detoxification perspective, but I don’t know after that episode. Has this happened to anyone else?

I’m sorry if I seem crude… I truly don’t mean to. If I don’t find the humor in situations I’d be miserable.

Phil- thanks for your post. I’ll check that out as an option as well…

laurawm
    Participant

Hi Woods!

Clearing the bowels is the primary way our body detoxes and clears toxins. The lemon and olive oil stimulates the gallbladder to release it’s bile (full of toxins) and thus promotes bowel movement. When our bowels move, it then allows the liver to further process waste and toxins and help give us relief! The first few times I did the lemon/oil drink the exact same thing you are describing happened – whenever I do a good detox now, multiple bowel movements follow. It’s a good thing! πŸ™‚ (Just make sure to slow down the detox if stool starts getting too loose).

Laura

kater
    Participant

yes I totally agree with Laura. Clearing waste from the liver, gall bladder and bowel is imperative and a good sign. Sorry to hear you are struggling and hope you find some relief soon. Just a caution, the lemon drink can be hard on tooth enamel so be sure to rinse, (not brush) after. Chia seeds are good detox—love making them into a breakfast pudding with almond milk and fruit. The peroxide and epsom salts bath is great too. Instructions are on this site. And if you can get into a far infrared sauna–that helps me so much I bought one. I have SD though, not RA.
    sending an e-hug to soothe you
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

Woods1977
    Participant

**UPDATE**

Thanks for the posts- now I know the detox did what it was supposed to. πŸ™‚

Although it didn’t do anything for me in terms of stiffness/joint pain, I can say that I felt AMAZING the next morning when I woke up- my mental clarity was great, and I didn’t have the “icky” flu like feeling that I’ve been experiencing for the last few weeks. Finally, I slept really heavy that night as well.

I’m definitely gonig to do this a few times a week and see how it pans out for me. It’s something I feel good about because it’s actually natural.

Woods1977
    Participant

Detox Update

I

A Friend
    Participant

@Woods1977 wrote:

Hi everyone,………
    Sincerely,
    Does it ever end?
    Woods

@Woods1977 wrote:

Thanks for the quick response Lynnie… I’ve got everything to make it, I’m going to have it now. 😎

**UPDATE**
    It’s funny how everyone failed to mention how horrible this tastes… haha. Regardless, bottoms up and best in health!

Woods, how did you make your drink? Did you put any sweetener (like the powdered Kal brand stevia I suggested.. or other sweetener ???). Did you add the amount of water mentioned? Besides the “recipe”, I usually put a small amount of crushed ice (just enough to cool it a bit) before I process it for the one-minute before straining/pushing the pulp through a mesh strainer. I’ve always thought it tasted good.

Would you mind telling us the kind/brand of olive oil you used? That may be the culprit if it tastes bad. I use Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil, but there’s not very much oil used in the drink. (I think it’s important to clear up the taste problem in this post, because it’s such an important detoxer, that I’d hate for people to avoid using something because they fear it tastes awful.

So sorry you had a bad experience with the taste.

AF

Woods1977
    Participant

Hello A Friend!

I was pretty

A Friend
    Participant

@Woods1977 wrote:

Hello A Friend!

I was pretty

Margaret Mueller
    Participant

RE: Olive and Lemon Drink:

I’ve got a VitaMix, do I need to put it through a strainer?

Are some of you using a whole lemon, or a half lemon?

Thanks,

A Friend
    Participant

@Margaret Mueller wrote:

RE: Olive and Lemon Drink:

I’ve got a VitaMix, do I need to put it through a strainer?

Are some of you using a whole lemon, or a half lemon?

Thanks,

Margaret,

This is what I’ve done for many years to make the lemon/olive oil drink:

-Scrub the whole lemon (if really small, I use the whole lemon; if huge, I “may” cut it in half)
    -Cut the lemon into about fourths (leaving skin, seeds, all) and put it in my blender.
    -Add 8 ounces of pure water (usually have spring or distilled on hand)
    -Add 1 Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    – 1 of the tiny little scoops of Kal brand powdered stevia (my longtime favorite tasting stevia… or can use the Kal liquid drops… takes only a tiny bit and has no off taste. I tried numerous samples of stevia before I found this one that I liked and would use.)
    -Set the blender to high speed, and set the microwave timer for one full minute, and process all together.
    -When processed, put a medium-size wire strainer with handle over a pyrex quart mixing pitcher.
    -Pour the processed lemon drink through the strainer.
    -With a wooden spoon, gently push as much of the pulp through the wire strainer as will go through (scraping off and into the liquid, that portion of pulp sticking to the underside of the wire strainer.
    -Pour the liquid into a glass (a SMALL amount of crushed ice can be used just to cool it a bit). (You don’t want it too cold, as the liver does not like really cold things.)

That’s the way I’ve always made it, and I look upon this drink as a “good friend.” My favorite time to drink it is right before I retire for the night.

Best,
    AF

Margaret Mueller
    Participant

Very good.

Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.