Home Forums General Discussion A look at Non-Denatured Whey Protein & Amino Acids

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    A Friend
    Participant

Hello Everyone,

[An edit, to add that this product may be a tremendously helpful one, especially if a patient is very debilitated and is not tolerating (or cannot tolerate) antibiotic therapy — and even when we can tolerate AP, the research on this product shows a long list of serious diagnoses it can help turn around. I just realized the post did not readily make clear about the magnitude of the help it “can” be.]

While I’ve known about and used successfully undenatured whey protein when, for a period of time, I became unable to continue AP, I have never delved into studying amino acids. The undenatured whey protein I’m referring to is not the type that is usually in health stores for body building, etc.

Severe acidosis about 2003 had apparently compromised my liver’s ability to detoxify acidic wastes; and I’ve shared before that one morning I had the mother of all painful cytokine storms, and because of the continuing terrible pain I had to get off all abx. I knew I needed something to take the place of AP/Minocin, and fortunately learned about the amazing capability of Undenatured Whey Protein. It worked just like the research stated it had, and addressed the abnormal lab my AP physician and I were working on.

Currently, I am noticing some rather rapid changes in body composition, and the studying/researching I’ve done have pointed me in the direction of amino acids — and this seems to lead me back full-circle to try the undenatured whey protein again!

Here are some links and information I’ve gathered that I want to share as a new topic. I’ve been away for a while, and the first post I saw on the Discussion Board yesterday was BG’s. When I read her post, I thought she might benefit knowing about Undenatured Whey Protein, and I sent her a private message — and decided to share the additional information today with all of you. Hope it may be helpful.

AF

Undenatured Whey Protein… ImmunoPro information

http://www.betterhealthinternational.com/lib_ImmunoPro.asp

Undenatured Whey Protein/Whey Protein Facts and Applications/Ocular Ramifications, …and More

Though I was very impressed with non-denatured whey protein about 7 years ago, the information found today convinces me that it is something well worth looking into for many — especially after reading about the many areas that it benefits. AF

http://www.wellwisdom.com/research_sosna.php

Whey Protein Facts and Applications
    Dr. Lawrence Sosna

[Below is an excerpt from the above titled paper which gives you an overview of the properties of undenatured/”non-denatured” whey protein for use for chronic illnesses (and for many other things I learned about). I’d read about Dr. Paul Cheney’s work and controlled studies with undenatured whey protein, and how patients using this type of whey protein for 6 months tested negative for the organism they had been treating using the whey protein. My then-AP-physician had been a friend of, and practiced near, Dr. Cheney (near Incline Village where the first yuppie flu epidemic happened). AF]

“The public is now becoming more aware of the value of quality protein and is choosing whey protein for many good reasons. Not only does non-denatured whey have a wide range of immune-enhancing properties, it also has the ability to act as an antioxidant, antihypertensive, antitumor, antiviral and antibacterial. A number of clinical trials have successfully been performed using whey as an antimicrobial agent and in the treatment of cancer, HIV, hepatitis B & C, cardiovascular disease and osteoporosis. It has a major role in red blood cell production, support in chemotherapy treatment, safe binding and detoxification of heavy metals, wound healing, growth of new muscle, weight regulation and the support of numerous immune functions. It is used by populations that have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), Fibromyalgia, Hepatitis, Cancer, HIV/AIDS, Respiratory disease, cognitive disorder from nutritional compromise and for any sports performance improvement.”

http://www.wellwisdom.com/research_WPCreport.php#macular
    WHEY PROTEIN REPORT
    Current Concepts on Whey Protein Usage, Prepared for The Cleveland Eye Clinic
    by: David Marshall, Jr., O.D., Ph.D., Consult
    Contents: [Note: The links below are live if you go to the above web site. AF]

Introduction –

A. What is WHEY?
    B. Whey Manufacturing
    – Current Concepts of Whey Usage –

A. Nutritional Value
    B. Body-building

– Clinical Implications –

1. Wound Healing
    2. Glutathione

a. Glutathione Synthesis
    b. Scavenger Pathways
    3. Ocular Ramifications

a. Cataracts

1. Mechanisms of cataractogenesis
    2. Cataractogenesis and Glutathione
    b. Macular degeneration
    c. Immunity
    d. Cancer
    e. Diseases of Aging
    f. HIV and AIDS

http://www.wellwisdom.com/a_testimonials.php
    [Have read the first several testimonials, and you might want to read them, too.]

BG
    Participant

An excellent journal article verifying the health properties of whey protein can be found via the following link:

http://www.jacn.org/cgi/content/full/26/6/713S

Barb

MMW
    Participant

Hi A Friend,

This is an interesting product. I appreciate you pointing it out. I think I will try it. Can you tell me if this stuff tastes good?
    Have you tried the Renew Pro?

The cheapest one I found is from Amazon.com. It is cheaper than buying it from the company itself if you get only one two bottles.

http://www.amazon.com/WellWisdom-LLC-10-6-oz-ImmunoPro/dp/B0019M0YWW/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1300379563&sr=8-8quote

I found the “Immune System Presentation by Dr. Cheney a fascinating on the subject of mycoplasma Fermentans and Incongnitos. He states:

We also looked at mycoplasma fermentans and mycoplasma penetrans. Both of these pathogens have been linked to Gulf War Syndrome. They’ve been linked to chronic fatigue syndrome. Again, they may be a relatively ubiquitous mycoplasma species, intracellular, and can cause a variety of problems when active. Again, by PCR done in Irvine, California. We were able to show that this product also wiped out mycoplasma incognitus and penetrans.

Also the research done on Chlamydia Pneumonia was fascinating as well. I know alot of us have that pathogen.

In a study published by a neurologist out of Vanderbilt showed that chlyamdia pneumoniae may be a very important pathogen in multiple sclerosis. Indeed, data they shared with me recently (and this is coming to publication soon) showed that 80 percent of the cerebral spinal fluid of MS patients is actively infected with this organism. Versus 15 percent of other neurological diseases that are not MS. In a journal-published article on neurology, aggressive treatment for chlyamdia pneumoniae rapidly reversed an acute exacerbation of multiple sclerosis.

So we measured IgM levels for this pathogen at Vanderbilt. Most laboratory measurements of this organism are not very good, so this is a research grade assessment, and probably may not generalize to the run-of-the-mill types of tests that you might get in your local labs. But IgM elevations of 1 to 1600 (?) dilutions is evident of significant active infection with this organism. Six months later, it just wiped it out. IgM just fell to normal levels. It didn’t really matter whether you were taking one pack a day or two packs a day. Just wiped it out. Makes you wonder what this might do for MS

The whole article is below:
    http://www.wellwisdom.com/research_cheneyimmune.php

How long have you used this product and what results are you getting A Friend?

MMW

Eva Holloway
    Participant

A Friend,
    I started to make my own kefir last year and sometimes I have too much whey and I freeze it so I can use it for pancakes and rolls we make (gluten-free) My husband likes the kefir too so I make about 1 to 1 1/2 gallons a week. I also started to use the cottage cheese and flax seed oil. I use it every day, just started about 10 days ago. hopefully it will bring my Vit D3 level up as Dr. K wants it.
    Glad you keep posting all these infos. Keep it up.
    Eva

Eva Holloway

MMW
    Participant

Hi Eva,

I make my own yogurt. I was wondering how to make kefir. They both are kind of the same but one is more liquid like and I think has more probiotics in it….right?

A Friend,

I called the company and they told me that Vital Whey has only 5% less whey in it per scoop than RenewPro and ImmunoPro. It does the same thing as ImmunoPro and Renew Pro. All these products provide the same benefit across the board. Vital Whey is a better value for your money. ImmunoPro has a neutral taste and RenewPro has just a slight sweeter taste….but they are the same. Vital Whey is like drinking a shake ( chocolate or vanilla) . It is good for the whole family.

When purchasing other places than directly from this company, the guy said that you must always ask what the expiration date is. The whey lasts for 2 yrs only before it expires.
    I found another company that is selling Renew Pro for $19.00! The expiration is this Dec. on it. And their ImmunoPro goes for 31.50. Shipping wasn’t bad either….$7.99.
    https://store.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?Target=redirect.asp%3FTarget=orderinfo.asp&COButton=Add%20Products&gclid=COf9h_WL1qcCFQwFbAodCVz4-g

Thanks for leading us to this find!

Hope this helps.
    MMW

A Friend
    Participant

EDIT: The only edit done today (7/31/2013) was to try to make the orange print a bit larger and more readable… nothing else was changed. But, noticed where I wrote the whey protein lasted a month. That is not correct for me now, as I found when I increased it to two scoops over the past year or two, when using it now in 2012 & 2013, that one scoop a day is the right dosage for me… because at two scoops a day, too much detoxification took place and was being excreted through the skin of my left upper leg… weird, but true. I immediately went to my current physician, and I was feeling really well at the time. Lab tests he had done showed all tests in good range. So, I dropped the extra scoop I had added only a short time before, and have continued with the one scoop daily at bedtime for myself. AF

MMW wrote:
    Hi A Friend,

This is an interesting product. I appreciate you pointing it out. I think I will try it. Can you tell me if this stuff tastes good?
    Have you tried the Renew Pro?

I haven’t taken non-denatured whey protein in about 5 years, but when my AP physician and I decided I needed to give it a try, I took it daily for at least 6 months. It is a whey protein and has very little taste. But my labs proved it worked well, when a repeat lab was done 6 months later. (What rekindled my interest, and made me decide I would benefit from taking it again, was a lot of reading I’ve been doing on amino acids, which I seem to have a need for now. I believe amino acids may be the answer for a new puzzle for me. I’ve been truly amazed at what I’ve read about each individual amino acid, what each is capable of doing. Then, it occurred to me that my very successful use of non-denatured whey protein involved some of these amino acids. I’ve found one source of ImmunePro for $40, if I sign up for automatic delivery for at least two or three shipments. This particular type whey protein is very potent, and the “serving size” is quite small, and lasted me for a month. I plan to review my present supplement regimen and try to consolidate some things, as well as get started on the ImmunePro. Will report back in on its use.

Best,
    AF

A Friend
    Participant

Barb,
    Thanks for the interesting article. No matter how much I may have read on a subject, there always seems to be something I’ve not seen before. My long-time motto has been: No Knowledge is Ever Wasted! — Seems we often find that “needle in the haystack” (missing piece of a puzzle) when we least expect!
    AF

Eva Holloway
    Participant

MMW,

kefir is more liquidy than yogurt. I make a lot because my husband also uses it. He used to belch a lot and now that is gone. Yes, kefir has more probiotics than yogurt. Let me know if you want some and I will send you the starter. I think it has helped me a lot.

Eva

Eva Holloway

A Friend
    Participant

@Eva Holloway wrote:

A Friend,
    I started to make my own kefir last year and sometimes I have too much whey and I freeze it so I can use it for pancakes and rolls we make (gluten-free) My husband likes the kefir too so I make about 1 to 1 1/2 gallons a week. I also started to use the cottage cheese and flax seed oil. I use it every day, just started about 10 days ago. hopefully it will bring my Vit D3 level up as Dr. K wants it.
    Glad you keep posting all these infos. Keep it up.
    Eva

Eva, I’m impressed with your making your own kefir. It is just full of probiotics. Though I’ve not used kefir, I know it is very healthy. You mention using the cottage cheese and flaxseed oil — that combination proved to be a life saver for me about 1998 when I was spiraling down in a wasting syndrome. I’d never heard of Dr. Johanna Budwig’s work, and how she turned around terminal cancer patients using the combination of German quark (similar to cottage cheese) and flaxseed oil when all other protocols for these terminal patients had been exhausted. It was only after the wasting syndrome had stopped and I was looking very healthy, that I just happened to read about her work on http://www.arthritistrust.org in an article, “Essential Fatty Acids Are Essential” (pgs 3 &4). Talk about an ahaa moment!!! I have continued to eat this daily ever since (about 14 years now) with a bit of seasonal fruit added to it, and I never get tired of it. I do believe it saved me. I was scary for a while.

AF

MMW
    Participant

Thanks Eva,

I actually have purchased Plain low fat Kefir by the case from the health food store at a case price which is cheaper. Besides turning it into occasional smoothies (Just add frozen strawberries, stevia to taste, vanilla and a tad fressh lemon juice and blend), it is one of my favorite desserts made in the ice cream maker. I don’t eat ice cream anymore due to the sugar πŸ™ But this is my substitute instead! I use only plain kefir or Browncow or Strauss yogurt to do this. I mix stevia directly into the carton or bottle, vanilla and sometimes fresh squeezed lemon to taste. Then I put it into the ice cream maker and add frozen blueberries.
    30 min later…..whalla….it is the best! The only problem is that it is so good, I have been known to eat the equivelant of an entire carton of yogurt at one sitting. πŸ™„ This makes me feel quilty….but it least it was healthy!!!

It is like eating the best frozen yogurt with no sugar!

MMW

A Friend,
    I agree with you on the importance of amino acids. I learned a lot about them a couple of yrs ago at the onset of a lot of my symptoms. Tryptophan works well for sleep issues and depression for my son and daughter. For me Tryosine has worked better for depression. Tryosine increases dopomine and Tryptophan increases seratonin. I have also used it along with iodine to support the thyroid. I have used reduced glutatione and NAC for mercury detox and other metals. Also Cystiene for hair and skin. I have used carnitine for energy and to help with fat metabolism and lower triglercerids. I have used Lysine (which kills viruses) at the onset of viral illness. I have given L arginine to my husband for increased circulation when he gets headaches and for acne and boil that he used to get.
    I guess you could say I went amino acid crazY πŸ˜† ! In the final analysis, I think we recieved way more benifits than taking vitamins. Often results are seen almost instantly with the amino acids.

HOpe you enjoy similar benefits.
    MMW

A Friend
    Participant

@MMW wrote:

Thanks Eva,

I actually have purchased Plain low fat Kefir by the case from the health food store at a case price which is cheaper. Besides turning it into occasional smoothies (Just add frozen strawberries, stevia to taste, vanilla and a tad fressh lemon juice and blend), it is one of my favorite desserts made in the ice cream maker. I don’t eat ice cream anymore due to the sugar πŸ™ But this is my substitute instead! I use only plain kefir or Browncow or Strauss yogurt to do this. I mix stevia directly into the carton or bottle, vanilla and sometimes fresh squeezed lemon to taste. Then I put it into the ice cream maker and add frozen blueberries.
    30 min later…..whalla….it is the best! The only problem is that it is so good, I have been known to eat the equivelant of an entire carton of yogurt at one sitting. πŸ™„ This makes me feel quilty….but it least it was healthy!!!

It is like eating the best frozen yogurt with no sugar!

MMW

A Friend,
    I agree with you on the importance of amino acids. I learned a lot about them a couple of yrs ago at the onset of a lot of my symptoms. Tryptophan works well for sleep issues and depression for my son and daughter. For me Tryosine has worked better for depression. Tryosine increases dopomine and Tryptophan increases seratonin. I have also used it along with iodine to support the thyroid. I have used reduced glutatione and NAC for mercury detox and other metals. Also Cystiene for hair and skin. I have used carnitine for energy and to help with fat metabolism and lower triglercerids. I have used Lysine (which kills viruses) at the onset of viral illness. I have given L arginine to my husband for increased circulation when he gets headaches and for acne and boil that he used to get.
    I guess you could say I went amino acid crazY πŸ˜† ! In the final analysis, I think we recieved way more benifits than taking vitamins. Often results are seen almost instantly with the amino acids.

HOpe you enjoy similar benefits.
    MMW

MMW,

My spouse is such a “sweet o’holic”, I’ve recently thought about getting an electric ice cream maker and making a healthy ice cream such as you mention above. I’m going to save your suggestions and do it! Thanks for sharing about this!

Also, about the amino acids, several years ago a radio program “Healthy By Nature” came on each Saturday morning for years, and had outstanding health professional guests. There was a psychiatrist who was very candid and told about some of the profession having changed treatment medications from the old drugs to use of specific amino acids and other supplements, as these addressed the cause and didn’t just treat symptoms. Those programs are still archived on that web site, and contain outstanding programs by professionals from many different health professions. (Just recently I read that when Kava was taken off the market for some reason, the amino acid Threonine (sp?) began being used for anxiety. It said this amino acid is the one that is also found in Green Tea — which I found interesting.

A month or two ago, I called LEF to discuss with a counselor and learn more about about amino acids supplementation after reading an article with the following link: http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2009/apr2009_Optimizing-Muscle-Health-With-Whey-Creatine-Glutamine_01.htm She was helpful in furthering my understanding.

AF

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Just recently I read that when Kava Kava was taken off the market for some reason

kava is actually a drug made from the roots of a variant of the pepper family. It’s been widely used for centuries ceremoniously in many parts of the Pacific and is widely touted as a herbal anxiety reliever/muscle reliever (which all narcotics are) but it can be toxic for some people and when consumed in large quantities. Most Western countries (including the U.S. and Australia) have placed major restrictions on its import and none is now allowed to be imported in commercial quantities. Lynnie
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kava

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

MMW
    Participant

Loved the article A FRIEND!

Can’t wait for my Whey to arrive and give it a try. And I think the creatine and glutamine is a good idea to add to it. Never used these individually.

MMW

A Friend
    Participant

@MMW wrote:

Loved the article A FRIEND!

Can’t wait for my Whey to arrive and give it a try. And I think the creatine and glutamine is a good idea to add to it. Never used these individually.

MMW

MMW,
    Don’t forget to start low dose using the whey protein, because it can cause a herxheimer reaction. The glutathione that it manufactures can immediately begin addressing organisms. You may not have much of a reaction, but better to begin low dose. Also, my mentor in early days told me it was better to begin one new thing at a time. That way, if you have a reaction, you will know what new thing was responsible. Hope all is helpful for you.
    AF

A Friend
    Participant

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5921&p=53012&hilit=ImmunoPro+abnormal+lab#p53012

A search found this post by me from 2011. It is information that may be helpful for a current poster. My first experience with using this form of nondenatured whey protein was after I had an abnormal lab, and had been given Zithromax to take (pulsed, on different days than my Minocin). However, almost daily after beginning the Zithromax, I began having mounting/increasing discomfort and signals from my body that something was going on that it didn’t like…. at all! I’d never had sciatica, but diffuse pains that resembled what I read about sciatica had also begun after beginning taking the Zithromax. On hindsight now, the Zithromax is hard on the liver, and though I had not been aware of it, my body systems had previously been compromised by an apparent “stealth” systemic fungal overgrowth, and much later my liver was found to show lesions… so, indeed, my liver was telling me it was not tolerating the Zithromax… though I didn’t know enough to understand what it was then trying to tell me. Then, I waked up one morning, and when I put my feet on the floor to get up, I had “the mother of all acute herxheimer pains — like I’d been struck by lightening, but it didn’t go away.” It took about three weeks for me to be able to function again, but when I was, my AP physician and I both knew I needed to be back on something to address the abnormal lab and to continue AP/Minocin low-dose. That’s when I had just read about Dr. Cheney’s research using nondenatured whey protein, showed it to my AP physician, and he enthusiastically recommended… “that’s what we need to do.” And we did. Six months later, when the abnormal lab was retested, it was normal.

Hope this will help others,
    AF

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.