Home Forums General Discussion 7 Years on AP

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    bsnyder
    Participant

Congrats on your good results! I personally experienced what going off the AP does. It can cause the RA to come right back again. After undergoing AP for three years I SEEMED totally cured for 5 years so I went off the AP. Big mistake! Now I am battling it once again, but this time at least I know it does work if followed correctly.

I also got tremendous knee swelling after work on what turned out to be a very stinky root canal. Now I want to have that tooth removed to get rid of the bacteria the dentists says is there. She was very impatient with me when I questioned if the root canal could have anything to do with the swelling. When I asked what the horrendous smell was she replied “It’s just bacteria!!” Like that was nothing to be concerned about.

Congrats again. I will be where you are soon. I know I will!

bsnyder
    Participant

Hi Pip,
    Congrats on your success. I too was pain free for five years,then went off AP due to brown patches on my face. BIG MISTAKE!! About three years into what I now know was remission (not total cure) I started developing pain again which gradually become worse. When I called Dr. S about possibly getting another round of IV AP and I told his wife that I had been pain free for five years and that the RA was now back again she said “You went off the antibiotics didn’t you??” Going off the AP was a VERY big mistake for me as I have now been back on the AP for three years and am still battling the arthritis.

Please, please please, don’t go off the AP. I don’t want you to end up like I did. You are a success story. Please keep it that way.

By the way, I think I have been on AP so long without much success this time around because I didn’t go on the MWF dose I was on before but thought the “new” approach of 100 mg mino 2Xdaily was the way to go. I think that placed me in an ongoing herx with little healing. Two months ago I went back on the 100mg mino MWF as well as getting a round of IV AP in Ida Grove. I KNOW I will get where you are, but that I have to have patience.

I hope that in the future your heading is 20 years on AP, then 30 years on AP. To me, that is the ONLY way to insure ongoing success.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.