Home Forums General Discussion 4 Weeks into AP and Noticed Improvement!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ariel
    Participant

Started AP one month ago. I hadn’t noticed any change at all the last 4 weeks, and then this morning when I woke up, I was shocked. My left hand (which is the worst of my two hands) had a noticeable difference! The stiffness in my fingers was noticeably improved. It’s made me feel so much better mentally.

Yesterday, I was able to get a consultation with my former GP, who is now in hospital administration. He rarely sees patients but agreed to see me. He agreed to test me for Lyme and parasites. He listened well to my using minocycline and didn’t speak negatively or positively about it. Encouraged me to keep taking control of my health. I wish he could be my on-going doctor, but it’s not possible because of his current position 🙁

My ankles are still the same. I’m not sure if the change in my ankles (large swollen ball looking) is just the way RA ankles look permanently? Or should I expect that my ankles will return back to the way they used to look? Not sure if I should be expecting minocycline to improve this symptom or if this is just how my ankles will look now. I looked at pics on the internet, but again, I just don’t know if this is how it is now or there’s hope that they can return to normal.

I’m just so happy to see a noticeable change in my fingers. What a difference it’s making in my day today!

m.
    Participant

That’s good news!

Improvements in morning stiffness is one of the signs to look for!

Ariel
    Participant

Thank you so much. It’s been a good day.

When I was in Ida Grove, I met a guy from MN who was there for his annual IV.
    He has had RA for 4 years. He had told me I would notice some change in a month.
    Today is exactly one month, and it was a noticeable change. Thanks to Maz who kept
    telling me to hang in there. Just seeing some improvement makes such a
    difference for me.

Maz
    Keymaster

@Ariel wrote:

Thank you so much. It’s been a good day.

When I was in Ida Grove, I met a guy from MN who was there for his annual IV.
    He has had RA for 4 years. He had told me I would notice some change in a month.
    Today is exactly one month, and it was a noticeable change. Thanks to Maz who kept
    telling me to hang in there. Just seeing some improvement makes such a
    difference for me.

No problem, Ariel, but remember, too, that these windows of improvement may be short and temporary at first. The road to wellness on AP is a bit like a dance…three steps fwd, two back, all the way to remission. Good signs of progress include, as m. said, some windows of feeling a bit better that may not last long and then, over time, these windows will become more frequent and longer-lasting. Also having a good herx, which can last up to a few months after treatment is initiated…no fun to go through, but a good clinical sign the abx are reaching the intended target. Labs may also worsen, so don’t be worried if you have a blood draw and these look worse initially. 😉 It’s very early days yet and this isn’t an overnight miracle by any means, but long-lasting remission can be achieved with this relatively benign drug in the majority of cases, if folks stick with it, don’t overdo it, and make all the necessary changes to lifestyle that may be needed on an individual level to support the therapy. If you’re watching the Autoimmunity Summit presentations that Cathlo posted the other day, there are some great pointers the various docs provide in their talks with explanations of why diet, detox and anti-microbial therapies work so well for AI diseases.

Worth re-reading the Historical Protocol at intervals as a lot of great tidbits there to keep you going:

https://www.roadback.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=studies.display&display_id=184#Anchor-First-44591

Final note – YAY!!!! 😀

Ariel
    Participant

Maz, Thank you for the reminder about 3 steps forward, 2 steps back. Today is a 3 steps forward day, and I’m so grateful. Seeing zero change over 4 weeks and then waking up to a noticeable decrease in stiffness in my hands was just so joyful.

I have been watching the Autoimmune Summit. It’s been very educational to say the least and a bit overwhelming at other times. I’ve taken some notes and will continue to make some changes along the way. I’m just trying to do things one step at a time at this point to keep from getting overwhelmed and to also see any differences/changes, etc.

Even thought my ankles are swelled/changed, I’ve started walking again. It went pretty well today.

Thank you for sending the historical protocol link. It’s a great reminder for me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.