Home Forums General Discussion 2 steps fwd 3 steps back.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    carries
    Participant

Here is a little update. I started AP 1.5 years ago. I was doing great after only 1 mth. Did great up until Sept..was able to go completely off prednisone for 3 mths….then things started going backwards in Sept.. My once negative rheumatoid factor is now positive. It went from 85 in Oct…to 230 now in Jan. My anan titer of 1:10240 stayed the same. So I am on prednisone again 5-10mg. However, my Anti Sm numbers went down from 4.7 to 2.1…My anti rnp and antism/rnp stayed the same at 8.0. The anti-scl-70 stayed negative but numbers went from 0.9 down to 0.4….so there is improvement there too. compliments C3 and 4 are still normal as they were previously. I think the lupus part of my disease is heading toward remission…but the Rheumatoid side is starting to resurface again after 10+ years. …Booooo! I was also low in D3 so my dr has me on 2000mg of vit d3 so we will see if that helps at all. ESR is high as well which wasnt in the past….so I guess I can assume that my disease is progressing. I have stopped AP for a little to see if it was DILE….even though all tests indicate it is not. I plan to start AP back up here in the next mth when things quite down again…..I am so tempted to try Methotrexate to put this thing in remission quickly…..I am just so happy when on prednisone…I feel great! This disease really effects my moods…..I get really down on the achy days.

My question here is do I try the minocycline again or just go to Doxy or zitho??? I dont plan to try this up again until I can get the inflammation under control with the prednisone….so maynot start up until a month or so again…giving it a little break.

Any words of wisdom or encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Carries,

Really glad to hear some of your numbers have moved in the right direction…these blasted labs will go up and down, up and down for a while and this is where working with an experienced doc who absolutely believes in infectious causes can be of tremendous help. Trying to navigate this alone is just too difficult and it wouldn’t be right for any of us here to suggest what abx you should try next. We can tell you what worked for us, but these may not work for you. I’ve been on numerous combinations and each combination will work on different aspects of my pathogen load that take me one step closer to remission. I could not have done it, though, without a lot of patience, trust in and the guidance of my expert LLMD.

My very best fellow-patient suggestion would be to consider seeing an experienced doc…LLMDs are terrific, because they can assess for coinfections that may be impeding progress and have no qualms in using whatever it takes to get us well again. MCTD is tricky and it’s clear that these patients have a number of things going on that all need addressing separately – many MCTD patients get thrown in this garbage diagnosis bucket, as they just don’t know what it is and many find it’s Lyme and its hitchiking friends all along…just ask Kim, Parisa and Maria. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Kim used mino and IVs in her first year and even tried MP…it was only when she started working with a LLMD who traced her symptoms to root causes and addressed those that she managed to reach remission. She now has a “whatever it takes,” motto that resonates here for many.

I know this is probably not the straight road you hoped for…it rarely is. I have had to go back to the drawing board in my mind numerous times throughout this process, almost throwing in the towel….but it always came back to my profound belief in infectious causes being at the root of my health issues and finding the reserves within me to keep up the good fight. I know this is impractical for some and other choices need to be made….just sharing my path, which has not been easy, but has been well worth it. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I hope others will chime in with their thoughts for you, too. My hope is that you can turn this around, Carries…you’re so young, beautiful and sweet and have your whole life ahead of you. ๐Ÿ™‚ Hang in there!

maz.aust
    Participant

Hi Carries,

Can only concur with what Maz has said & say be patient, it is the old abx 4 step tango happening.

My labs jump all over the place; particularly in the first 16 mths, from zero to 60 to 10 to 5 to 260 & down again & everywhere in between, so I realised after a lot of conversation with my AP Dr that they are really only indicators, that the jumps can happen up & down so now I pay no attention to my numbers anymore.

Patience, patience, patience is the key to this whole treatment path,
    Maz – Aust

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

carries
    Participant

Thank you both for your input and encouragement….I know I know…patience is a MUST here…and I have to remember that….I just get so scared I am causing damage…but I guess no more damage then some of those other meds would…right?? Okay…so new attitude today….stop obsessing on the numbers and focus on getting over this herx or whatever it is going on….I plan on starting back up the AP here in a month or two. Thanks again!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

maz.aust
    Participant

Good for you ,,

I know there were many times I felt great & my numbers were crap & many other times when the numbers were good & I felt like crap .. eventually though after about 16 months a breakthrough, I felt great & then found out my numbers were great too.
    When we reach that ole remission stage I am sure we will feel it before the numbers back it up. When I had pancreatitis my inflammation markers reached 1400 & I was the only one not obsessing about the climb!

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.